Season 2020’21: Game 12: Celtic (H)

Andy_P

2 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I’m afraid there’s little point in watching these games nowadays. Robinson is obviously doing a very good job but since switching to 433, he’s lost the ability to compete with teams that are of higher quality. While we continue plenty points off the lesser teams I suppose it’s a trade-off worth accepting...

Two out of three matches in the domestic league this season Celtic have dropped points to a team playing 4-3-3.  Kilmarnock and Rangers.  OK, Rangers are a level up but if Kilmarnock can do it?

People go on and on about formations but I think most of the time formations are smoke and mirrors.  You either perform or you don't and it seems like we haven't again against the OF.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Two out of three matches in the domestic league this season Celtic have dropped points to a team playing 4-3-3.  Kilmarnock and Rangers.  OK, Rangers are a level up but if Kilmarnock can do it?

People go on and on about formations but I think most of the time formations are smoke and mirrors.  You either perform or you don't and it seems like we haven't again against the OF.

Yep, all about the performance today.

42 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I agree it’s not all about formations but Killie’s personnel is very different to ours. Two absolute dogs in midfield while the likes of Burke is a far more intelligent player than our wide options. On that note, our front three have looked clueless out of possession today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I agree it’s not all about formats but Killie’s personnel is very different to ours. Two absolute dogs in midfield while the likes of Burke is far more intelligent player than our wide options. On that note, our front three have looked clueless out of possession today. 

Yes, its a lot to do with the players you have at your disposal. Our squad is not suited to play 4-3-3- against Celtic.

23 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I said before the game drop a striker and put Grimshaw in midfield.

Playing same team we picked v Ross C and Livingston was not very clever. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but to give Celtic a free run down the flanks is awful tactics. 

I am a fan of Robinson but he got carried away today. 

I'd normally agree but this team were there to be got at today, if we didnt have a go at them the same folk would be saying we should have. As frustrating as it is, these games never have or never will define our season. This is a Celtic team full of ten million pound players capable of turning it on at any moment.