Ex-Players

J.M.

35 minutes ago, J.M. said:

Ian McLeod played for many seasons at Motherwell (243 games) can you confirm if he played mainly as a central midfielder? in the motherwell archive he comes as a midfielder while in a report from raith rovers it says that he was signed in a defensive midfielder role later moving to the left back even playing on the right, in Motherwell too?

I had him down as a left back and the only game I really mind then was a snow-bound game home to Hearts.

Did John Reilly (yes really) no put us 1-0 up with a great strike  but defensive errors cost us, think ended up 1-3 might have been 85-86 season when they should a won the league. 

9 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Our old friend Danny Johnson on the score sheet again for Walsall yesterday making him top goal scorer with 13 league goals.

I remember him with us but does anyone know why he left us for Dundee?

I take it he was crap for us?

Never got a fair chance. Imho

14 minutes ago, well_said said:

Never got a fair chance. Imho

Possibly correct as he was a decent player but my memory is that his shots were always a bit off target or straight at the keeper. 
strikers can go through patches like that then all of a sudden every touch, flick or even miss hit ends in a goal.