Season 2020’21: Game 13: St Johnstone (A)

Andy_P

• 2 weeks later...

With Celtic at Easter Road we could be 7 off of 4th with a game in hand on Saturday evening, an excellent incentive with our following league game being Hibs at Fir Park.

Gonna go 1-0 to us, Watt with an early goal. Also can see Archer coming in from the start for this one.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

If we are going to get into the mix for 3rd-4th we need to start winning games.

Difficult but not impossible.

Start? Can you explain why you say that? Did you mean continue?

since September in the league  we’ve won 4 & lost 2, those being Rangers & Celtic. 

Ya numpty 

16 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Start? Can you explain why you say that? Did you mean continue?

since September in the league  we’ve won 4 & lost 2, those being Rangers & Celtic. 

Ya numpty 

We haven't put together three games unbeaten in the league yet. If we are going to catch Hibs we will have to do it.

Just wondering if we will have any after affects with Gallagher/O’Donnell after playing last night in Israel, after we played our game in Israel we were completely flat footed against Rangers.

I do agree with what SR said that the games where players involving travelling for Scotland on the Wednesday especially travelling back probably early Thursday should be put back 24 hrs to the Sunday.

2 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I do agree with what SR said that the games where players involving travelling for Scotland on the Wednesday especially travelling back probably early Thursday should be put back 24 hrs to the Sunday.

That, plus I agree with Steven Gerrard when he said that under these circumstances it make more sense to have a late kick-off (maybe 5:30pm) to give players as much recovery as possible rather than the SPFL having Sunday kick-offs at noon.

2 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

Just wondering if we will have any after affects with Gallagher/O’Donnell after playing last night in Israel, after we played our game in Israel we were completely flat footed against Rangers.

They are well paid professional  footballers, who train hard, playing 2 or 3 games of football in a week should not be beyond them fitness wise.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

The Motherwell boys were taken off early to rest them for the big match this weekend as befits the players of a team of our esteem.

22 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Given the way Lamie and Mcginley have performed so far, I’d rather re-register Hinchcliffe and give it a go.

Your concern about Lamie I understand, but McGinley hasn't been too bad so far - as good as O'Donnell I'd say. Assuming that Carroll is not quite fit yet then the only other candidates are O'Donnell and Grimshaw. I'm happy to stick with McGinley.

On 11/19/2020 at 7:30 AM, Kmac said:

I understand Lamie is back fit.
Hopefully it means he and Mcginley can go for a run together, in Motherwell, whilst the match is on. 

I don’t get this dislike of McGinley. I know there always has to be a fall guy at Motherwell but I just don’t see how he’s been any better, or worse than most other players in the team. Given he’s new to the club and has had a stop start season with injuries he’s done ok.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

I don’t get this dislike of McGinley. I know there always has to be a fall guy at Motherwell but I just don’t see how he’s been any better, or worse than most other players in the team. Given he’s new to the club and has had a stop start season with injuries he’s done ok.

A vocal section of our support are fuckwits

13 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Any updates on Carroll?

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/stephen-robinson-provides-positive-motherwell-injury-update-as-boss-is-left-thrilled-with-scotland-progression/

“Jake’s been running. I’m trying to get him to join in proper training but the physio is being careful with him which is right. We can’t rush when he’s been out this long. An extra few weeks won’t hurt anyone.

“It’ll make sure we don’t have any reoccurrences of the injury. We will be delighted to have him back.”

On 11/19/2020 at 7:43 PM, MelvinBragg said:

Interesting question and the one that automatically popped into my head....

As I have said before we rarely have an average left back, they are usually outstanding or rank rotten.   All about opinions but I dont get the hype about Carroll, but is an improvement on Lamie and McGinley