Jumbomuir

Stephen Robinson resignation discussion

3 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

We are 5th in the league. What planet are people on?

The one where we want to be 4th playing beautiful football and never lose a game, every signing to have been bought for 50p and sold for a £1, for every signing to leave when it's of maximum  benefit to the club's finances and 'flow returns a phone call.

• Haha 1

I’m content to muddle through this season given the circumstances, however the predictability and softness of our play is a growing concern. I struggle to fathom how Robinson is content with such a style give his key principles. 

In recent weeks, I’ve been hoping Robinson would take hold of the situation and revert to type. Then I seen the Maurice Ross segment with the midfielders  in the latest edition of ‘Inside Motherwell’ and that set off a few alarm bells.

7 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

We are 5th in the league. What planet are people on?

Had we not just been awarded 6 points for covid breaches we'd be 10th*.

Listen, I am not calling for robbo to be sacked myself, but I can understand why people are. And after games like yesterday its hard to defend. One of the other posters said it - when you're 1 down to st mirren with 75 minutes to play and a lot of the support have given up hope what does that say.

*edit: maybe 9th depending on goal difference.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I’m content to muddle through this season given the circumstances, however the predictability and softness of our play is a growing concern. I struggle to fathom how Robinson is content with such a style give his key principles. 

In recent weeks, I’ve been hoping Robinson would take hold of the situation and revert to type. Then I seen the Maurice Ross segment with the midfielders  in the latest edition of ‘Inside Motherwell’ and that set off a few alarm bells.

Not sure if it’d be good or not but Mo Ross will be getting a job as manager with us at some point, sooner or later.

55 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I thought it was just me. That MR segment was horrendous. Making a simple game far too complicated. If I spoke to my pupils like that in school I would get no response either. Quoting some pedagogy and lines from a few books doesn't mean you know how to coach and relate to your students or in this case your players.

Anyway, yesterday was poor again. All very predictable. So slow out of defence, aimless long balls, long throws, no play through the middle or in wide areas, missing chances. We have a few decent strikers but not in anyway playing to their strengths. Re-think required.

58 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

Had we not just been awarded 6 points for covid breaches we'd be 10th*.

Listen, I am not calling for robbo to be sacked myself, but I can understand why people are. And after games like yesterday its hard to defend. One of the other posters said it - when you're 1 down to st mirren with 75 minutes to play and a lot of the support have given up hope what does that say.

*edit: maybe 9th depending on goal difference.

Pretty much this. Until the appeals are heard and determined there will be an element of uncertainty. Robbo, and perhaps the club have been fortunate in one way, in that there have been no fans at Fir Park this season. Had there been, there would have been far more pressure on the boss. I've never known a team to be up and down -  a real rollercoater. As others have said we're never ok; we're either great or we're rubbish. Maybe this reflects Robbo's fiery temperament. 

13 hours ago, Shaka said:

We sack him, candidates apply, we interview and pick the best man we feel for the job. Thats not trolling, its how,the world works

What happens if we sack him and the candidates who apply are of a lower quality or outwith our affordability? 

I think things need to improve given the past few performances. However it’s a cop out when folk say it’s not their job to identify a new manager but are qualified to decide on the removal of one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ballso said:

What happens if we sack him and the candidates who apply are of a lower quality or outwith our affordability? 

I think things need to improve given the past few performances. However it’s a cop out when folk say it’s not their job to identify a new manager but are qualified to decide on the removal of one. 

If he does go I would rather we have someone identified rather than the risk of shortlisting and picking the best of a bad bunch.

• Like 1

All the new guy has to do is manage to occasionally beat Accies and/or St Mirren at home, or manage a solitary equaliser over a period of 17/18 games, or look semi competent.

The bar really isn’t that high.

4 minutes ago, milo said:

All the new guy has to do is manage to occasionally beat Accies and/or St Mirren at home, or manage a solitary equaliser over a period of 17/18 games, or look semi competent.

You say that but that wont satisfy the usual suspects on here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walker86 said:

I thought it was just me. That MR segment was horrendous. Making a simple game far too complicated. If I spoke to my pupils like that in school I would get no response either. Quoting some pedagogy and lines from a few books doesn't mean you know how to coach and relate to your students or in this case your players.

Anyway, yesterday was poor again. All very predictable. So slow out of defence, aimless long balls, long throws, no play through the middle or in wide areas, missing chances. We have a few decent strikers but not in anyway playing to their strengths. Re-think required.

I dont know  , i thought it was ok and spoken to a few people who thought he came across well.

Mind you when i was at school they still used the belt and occasionally physical violence, so maybe anything is a bonus.

I think it’s fair to say we have been bang average since December 2019. The signings this year have been poor and our creativity has gone out the window. I think the fact fans are not in the stadium is keeping him in a job.

Personally I am really struggling to get into football this season, feel totally disassociated from it. Just want us to hopefully get into mid table safety and then regroup when things are back to normal.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, milo said:

You know as well as I do the “new Guy” would be slaughtered if we’re not top six and winning cups. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

You know as well as I do the “new Guy” would be slaughtered if we’re not top six and winning cups. 

But there will always be happy clappers like you who will back him even if he goes onto have 6 wins in a calendar year 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I don’t know a single Motherwell fan who is demanding or expecting that. 

You would think the club would have a plan if he goes, twice he's been touted to leave (Hearts and NI), so you think they would have someone in mind. The problem is, if it was Keith, I don't think it will work. In response to the Happy Clappers, managers and players come and go, we are the only constant part of the equation. The football has been dire, with some of his excuses really summing him up. "We have no width, they can't seem to fit in and all want to play the same position," YOU SIGNED THEM!!!!!.. As much as we all want back in to Fir Park, watching what's on offer would drive you to Drink!!! 

23 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

You have turned up at Fir Park 3 seasons ago and now your managing the fans expectations 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, Ballso said:

FFS Its NOT our job to identify a new manager. Its a fucking professional football club, not a pub team.

Your logic is on par with these wankers on facebook slagging the Covid Vaccine because Karen who failed Joey Science told them its unsafe :lol: :doh:

28 minutes ago, Shaka said:

FFS Its NOT our job to identify a new manager. Its a fucking professional football club, not a pub team.

Your logic is on par with these wankers on facebook slagging the Covid Vaccine because Karen who failed Joey Science told them its unsafe :lol: :doh:

28 minutes ago, Shaka said:

However, it is YOUR job to decide that the current manager is not good enough and not the professional football club’s? FFS indeed

Your second paragraph is some leap right enough....

As much as I think its a bad idea mid season, let's assume we dump SR and bring someone else in

1. Are any of the current players operating out of position, so would a new manager get any improvement from them? Or is he or she stuck with the dross SR has?

2. Does the club have the money to bring in a new manager and supply funds to replace the dross in the January window, assuming there is better available?

3. If there is a clear out in January with new players and manager is that enough time to build a new team to keep us safe ( Though for me we will be nowhere near relegation)?

1 hour ago, milo said:

You think?

The first thread that veered into "Robinson out" was started eight months after he took charge, six months into his first full season in chargee and less than a month after we had made the League Cup Final.

12 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Bradford have just sacked Stuart McCall...

:huh::O

If we do need a new manager I am sure McCall will be in the list of usual suspects along with valakari, nijholt, Holt, Lasley (add in out of work Scottish managers as required) :nod:

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

You have turned up at Fir Park 3 seasons ago and now your managing the fans expectations 

Just my opinion based on previous posts Yodo, two cup finals and finishing third was not good enough for some. There were calls for his head months after he took up the position. We are 5th at the moment and that’s a sackable offence and given that, if we are 8th/9th/10th and out of the cup under a different manager I can’t help feeling some would be less than happy. I’m certainly a happy clapper of the highest order and as you say have only supported the club for a short space of time. Maybe that does not give me the same right to have an opinion, not sure.

• Like 1