Jumbomuir

Stephen Robinson resignation discussion

We have picked up 1 point since the 31st of October when we beat Livingston and went out the league cup looking at the run we have coming up good chance we will pick up another point if that.

Sometimes things just run its course and with Robbo just looks like he has ran out ideas we don't look like a side thats got a win in them right now and it feels like been like that for a while.

4 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

it's only if we face relegation the manager will come under any real pressure.  

Not necessarily - cup runs are critical to the board as well as the fans, and its an area we've underperformed since 17/18 season.

Point being - this season we're out the league cup first time of asking, league form dwindling and 6 covid points aside we'd be right amongst the relegation fodder. 

That said, I agree that robbo deserves some time to turn our fortunes around. The next few games are massive.

7 hours ago, wellman said:

You couldn't argue with McCall's record either but the football was terrible to watch. 

You clearly missed the year that higdon was poty and we had attack minded players like Humphrey, ojamma and law .

• Like 4

There's still plenty to play for this season but for me it all hinges on if there's going to be movement in the squad throughout January,I have no idea if the budget will allow it but we badly need atleast 3 players that can come in and make a difference and at the same time be ruthless and do our best to get some of the duds out the door,I know that's easier said than done but fingers crossed anyway.i expect us to drop down the table over the next few games and if we somehow get they 6 points taking back then we could be in serious trouble,what business we can get done in January will shape how the rest of the season goes.

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

There's still plenty to play for this season but for me it all hinges on if there's going to be movement in the squad throughout January,I have no idea if the budget will allow it but we badly need atleast 3 players that can come in and make a difference and at the same time be ruthless and do our best to get some of the duds out the door,I know that's easier said than done but fingers crossed anyway.i expect us to drop down the table over the next few games and if we somehow get they 6 points taking back then we could be in serious trouble,what business we can get done in January will shape how the rest of the season goes.

My big fear is I dont know if I can trust Robbo with another transfer window and the duds he will be trying to get out will be the ones he just signed!!,   hopefully I am proved wrong though....COYW

5 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

My big fear is I dont know if I can trust Robbo with another transfer window and the duds he will be trying to get out will be the ones he just signed!!,   hopefully I am proved wrong though....COYW

We filled the squad with nothing but dross over the summer and like you im sceptical if we would do any better in january.any of the recent signings could be shown the door,hopefully robinson and the board recognise that mistakes were made and we do everything we can to move some on and free up some money for others to come in.

7 minutes ago, mfc said:

We filled the squad with nothing but dross over the summer and like you im sceptical if we would do any better in january.any of the recent signings could be shown the door,hopefully robinson and the board recognise that mistakes were made and we do everything we can to move some on and free up some money for others to come in.

Agree totally pal

28 minutes ago, mfc said:

Who filled the squad with dross ? 

8 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Who filled the squad with dross ? 

The buck stops with robinson,after saturday I'm 60/40 in terms of thinking a new manager might be what's required but at the same time i know realistically that isn't going to happen.robinson will be here come January and has to simply find a way of making up for the terrible recruitment over the summer,it's the only way we will save our season is to freshen things up.

27 minutes ago, mfc said:

The buck stops with robinson,after saturday I'm 60/40 in terms of thinking a new manager might be what's required but at the same time i know realistically that isn't going to happen.robinson will be here come January and has to simply find a way of making up for the terrible recruitment over the summer,it's the only way we will save our season is to freshen things up.

We certainly need to strengthen in January but it’s never as easy as the summer. We need another centre half, a goalscorer, some quality out wide and another central midfielder. That’s not going to come cheap, will the club sanction that level of spending ?

7 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

We certainly need to strengthen in January but it’s never as easy as the summer. We need another centre half, a goalscorer, some quality out wide and another central midfielder. That’s not going to come cheap, will the club sanction that level of spending ?

I totally agree that's the areas of the team that we need to be targeting,having the funds to so is another matter,i doubt it but hopefully there's scope for some movement.

if we had one or ideally 2 decent wide players we'd be laughing (or at least not crying) 

Not so long ago we brought in decent loanees from the Premiership  - more of that please. 

I'd also give Hastie a 6 consecutive  games and see if he can find his form.  Play a 4-4-2 

16 minutes ago, mfc said:

I totally agree that's the areas of the team that we need to be targeting,having the funds to so is another matter,i doubt it but hopefully there's scope for some movement.

So you would trust Robinson to sign more players after his dealings in the summer ,there is no way he should be allowed to squander more of the clubs money . Get rid off and give the new manager a chance to shore us up till summer but as I said in a previous post who would want to work with dross Robinson leaves behind 

28 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So you would trust Robinson to sign more players after his dealings in the summer ,there is no way he should be allowed to squander more of the clubs money . Get rid off and give the new manager a chance to shore us up till summer but as I said in a previous post who would want to work with dross Robinson leaves behind 

Personally I would, he’s had a bad summer but signed plenty of good players in the past, every manager has good and bad groups of signings if they stay at a club long enough. This would be about how he bounces back and for me he’s earned a second shot at it before we throw in the towel. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Personally I would, he’s had a bad summer but signed plenty of good players in the past, every manager has good and bad groups of signings if they stay at a club long enough. This would be about how he bounces back and for me he’s earned a second shot at it before we throw in the towel. 

Unfortunately is goes back further than the summer but the players that he has brought to Fir Park along with his lack of ability to coach them have us with the record of 6 wins in a calendar year so no reprieve for the clueless Robinson just get him out the club 

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Hopefully he will have Carrol, Donnelly and Carson back which should strengthen our side.

Bringing in players during the transfer window would be difficult as I would imagine we would need to get players out before bringing in and I don’t see a stampede of Managers wanting Seedorf, Lamie, McGinley or even White. I have gave up hope on Dunne playing football again never mind for us, I hope this is not the case as I would love to see him back playing again.

Campbell will be offski in the summer on a free transfer, and he is the final player in the squad with any transfer value! That and the fact weve sold off any half decent Youth player we had in the Academy means we arent realistically going to bring in any transfer fees for the next 3-5 years!...... unless we get unbelieveably lucky and unearth another Moult or Kipre, but considering its been several years since weve signed one of those types, because the rest have been journeymen or just dogshite, I wouldnt hold my breath.

That means the Turnbull cash will need to cover a long time! And means absolutely zero transfer windfall.

We are literally up shit creek without a paddle just now. We have a squad full of dogshite, most of which have another 18 months on their contracts. The half decent players will all leave in the summer (O'Donnell, Gallagher, Campbell). How do we rebuild with any quality? 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Yodo said:

Unfortunately is goes back further than the summer but the players that he has brought to Fir Park along with his lack of ability to coach them have us with the record of 6 wins in a calendar year so no reprieve for the clueless Robinson just get him out the club 

Players hes brought into first team and coached like Gillespie, Carson,  Kipre, Cadden, Turnbull ,Campbell, Polworth, Gallagher.

God save us from people like you having any influence on decisions. 

11 hours ago, Yodo said:

Yodo you seriously need to look from both sides at times. For every poor player there have been successes. If Robinson is clueless why did we finish third last season, does that mean every other manger of a club finishing below us was also clueless. I know you like a bit of trolling but even trolling needs to have a level of balance to be convincing. You can trot out the home wins in 2020 as many times as you like but last seasons finish in the table is also an actual fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Yodo you seriously need to look from both sides at times. 

More chance me winning Euromillions.

That said Yodo does have a point re performance in 2020. Maybe we as a club and the players are missing the fans more than others. Granted we don’t have a great home attendance but when you are only 1-0 down then I am sure the players would get more encouragement and urgency from the fans.  They probably don’t miss the inevitable boos at FT. 

In terms of remaining games. An inevitable (Heavy) defeat v Rangers. Then we have Aberdeen at home. In the past we have proven we can get the better of Aberdeen. It would be a very good time to get a victory or a battling draw. Then I would be looking for 4 points from DDee U and Killie.  If we go into the away game v Accies with 1 or 0 points then an adverse result in the Derby would mean the clamour for Robbo to go would be deafening. And for once I would be leaning towards that also. 

In some ways it would be better for Robbo if we could win one lose one. Rather than this tendency to win 4 lose 5 etc. Because of these long losing streaks we have a Robbo out thread every season. We need more consistency. 

I also have the fear when we lose O Donnell, Gallacher and Campbell. Although for the latter he has had little influence in the last 2 defeats. Herecy maybe but he seems affected by the current malaise ! 

8 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

God save us from people like you having any influence on decisions. 

Thankfully people like Yodo are restricted to shouting at the moon and posting on the internet. The decisions are made by what seems like a reasonable and intelligent board, and I'm happy enough to let them do their job.

We're going through a bad spell but it's not the end of the world. I remember the feeling I had as we headed into a playoff series with Rangers looking for all the world like we'd be going down. The club didn't panic then, and they won't now.

12 hours ago, Shaka said:

Campbell will be offski in the summer on a free transfer, and he is the final player in the squad with any transfer value! That and the fact weve sold off any half decent Youth player we had in the Academy means we arent realistically going to bring in any transfer fees for the next 3-5 years!...... unless we get unbelieveably lucky and unearth another Moult or Kipre, but considering its been several years since weve signed one of those types, because the rest have been journeymen or just dogshite, I wouldnt hold my breath.

That means the Turnbull cash will need to cover a long time! And means absolutely zero transfer windfall.

We are literally up shit creek without a paddle just now. We have a squad full of dogshite, most of which have another 18 months on their contracts. The half decent players will all leave in the summer (O'Donnell, Gallagher, Campbell). How do we rebuild with any quality? 

We will receive compensation for Allasn Campbell when he departs; probably in  the region of £400-500k. Plus we'll be due eventually, compensation for Chris Cadden.

I'm not overly fussed about losing Stephen O'Donnell next month. He's certainly played better for Scotland than he has for us.