Jumbomuir

Stephen Robinson resignation discussion

18 minutes ago, David said:

Some quotes from Robinson following the appointment of Graham Alexander:

He’s spot on.  I find it quite funny at times when some say we should be doing this, we should be doing that. We don’t sign enough quality players year on year when so much still needs to be done off the field. It must be incredibly frustrating to constantly have to rebuild and then take on teams with far bigger budgets then read comments that two cup finals and third place is not good enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Hard to disagree with what he says 

Where was that quote from?

The Daily Mail, which is why I didn't want to link it.

• Haha 1

Robbo the Martyr! Its ok, he wont be out of a job long, being the absolute master of world football managers that he thinks he is. 

I hope Graham Alexander is the second coming of Robbo, sorry Christ! How is he gonna live up to the lofty expectations we fans have after the job the worlds greatest manager has done...... against all odds. Imagine being so selfish as to expect a professional football team to be organized, or to win more than 6 games in 12 months. We truly are monsters <_<

Hopefully Robbo plugs his story to Hollywood!

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shaka said:

Robbo the Martyr! Its ok, he wont be out of a job long, being the absolute master of world football managers that he thinks he is. 

I hope Graham Alexander is the second coming of Robbo, sorry Christ! How is he gonna live up to the lofty expectations we fans have after the job the worlds greatest manager has done, against all odds. Imagine being so selfish as to expect a professional football team to be organized, or to win more,than 6 games in 12 months. We truly are monsters <_<

Maybe Robbo is plugging his story to Hollywood?!

Give it a rest.

The part about no chance to build anything is complete pish.

He had two opportunities the first time after the Scottish Cup final and then again this Summer to build on a position of strength. The first time he fucked it with poor signings and extending Grimmy and Rose while holding back Turnbull. This summer he ditched two reliable defenders for no reason, replaced them with absolute dross, resigned Long who has a terrible attitude and decided to rely on two kids in Hastie and Lang for creativity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He had two opportunities the first time after the Scottish Cup final and then again this Summer to build on a position of strength. The first time he fucked it with poor signings and extending Grimmy and Rose while holding back Turnbull. This summer he ditched two reliable defenders for no reason, replaced them with absolute dross, resigned Long who has a terrible attitude and decided to rely on two kids in Hastie and Lang for creativity. 

Which reliable defenders did he ditch?

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The majority of the interview is complete pish. As You say, 2 chances to build something and he fucked it both times. Going on about how he has conditioned us to expect nothing but success. He finished 3rd because the season was cut short by nearly 25%, a full season wouldve seen us nowhere near 3rd. "I dont think Motherwell can finish higher than 3rd" , come on 

3 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Which reliable defenders did he ditch?

He ditched two team leaders and strong characters.......... and replaced them with Rickie Lamie, Bevis Mugabi & Nathan fucking McGinlay

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shaka said:

He ditched two team leaders and strong characters.......... and replaced them with Rickie Lamie, Bevis Mugabi & Nathan fucking McGinlay

That wasn't the question I posed, daftarse

I'm surprised the club gives random punters all the details of budgets, contract discussions, wage scales and the details of all prospective signings demands, but fair play to everyone on here does receive it.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Shaka said:

This is not Tait who was done and turned down the contract and was nowhere near the starting 11 most weeks and the Hoof-balling, cart horse Hartley again is it ?   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shaka said:

The majority of the interview is complete pish. As You say, 2 chances to build something and he fucked it both times. Going on about how he has conditioned us to expect nothing but success. He finished 3rd because the season was cut short by nearly 25%, a full season wouldve seen us nowhere near 3rd. "I dont think Motherwell can finish higher than 3rd" , come on 

He's been back at the Blarney Stone again 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

He's been back at the Blarney Stone again 

A new manager in place and you are still spouting pish about tbe old one, :doh: have a look at yourself , as for the " I don't think Motherwell can finish higher than 3rd"  comment do you honestly think that's bullshit ?  with the ugly sisters both strong, every  other team in the league starts with 3rd as the target

At least Tommy Wright never got the job so that should spare the rest of us from anymore of your abject Irish blarney stone patter.

6 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

A new manager in place and you are still spouting pish about tbe old one, :doh: have a look at yourself , as for the " I don't think Motherwell can finish higher than 3rd"  comment do you honestly think that's bullshit ?  with the ugly sisters both strong, every  other team in the league starts with 3rd as the target

At least Tommy Wright never got the job so that should spare the rest of us from anymore of your abject Irish blarney stone patter.

Eh swill eater this is the Robinson discussion thread so why don't u do one 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

That wasn't the question I posed, daftarse

Hartley n tait would walk into our team right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spudmfc said:

Hartley n tait would walk into our team right now

Surely it’s not about whether they would walk into the team or not, the question is should they have been replaced, personally I think they should. The quality of their  replacements is a different issue completely and should not have a bearing on their departure. Tait was not even a first team regular and had lost pace as was often pointed out.

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Surely it’s not about whether they would walk into the team or not, the question is should they have been replaced, personally I think they should. The quality of their  replacements is a different issue completely and should not have a bearing on their departure. Tait was not even a first team regular and had lost pace as was often pointed out.

I might agree to an extent but hind sight is a wonderful thing..i like my defenders too defend,n thats wot u got from hartley n tait..were both of them not captains at one point(defo hartley)both leaders on the park sadly wot is missing at the moment..someone needs t take the team by the throat n give it a shake n i dont think gallacher,as much as i like him,is the right man

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

No. My point with that was it sounding like Robbo talking himself up making out he has achieved as much as any Motherwell Manager will ever achieve. Its a load of shite. Its 3rd with an asterisk, a seriously big asterisk, but he's trying to make himself sound like Guardiola.

Last season we all knew Hartley was finished especially after st Mirren cup tie.   Robbo always goes on about lack of budget but he still signed a lot of players  what was his downfall was the summer recruitment. Anyway I am bored now, robbo is no longer manager, a new dawn begins with Graham and lets all get  behind him.....COYW

And that shite about not being able to build a team, he lost Kipre & Bowman from the cup final team during that summer, thats it. And this summer lost Turnbull & Gillespie from this fabled team that reached 3rd, and Carson returned so really only Turnbull lost. 

Thats 2 VERY good platforms to build on but what did he do? Buy mostly shite players and fail to build. And in this summers case, ruined the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Shaka said:

No. My point with that was it sounding like Robbo talking himself up making out he has achieved as much as any Motherwell Manager will ever achieve. Its a load of shite. Its 3rd with an asterisk, a seriously big asterisk, but he's trying to make himself sound like Guardiola.

In ten years nobody will care or remember that the season was called early , the records will show season 2019-20 3rd place was Motherwell.

We earned the right to be in 3rd up to the point it was called, yes we might not have been there if the season had completed, but it didn't so that argument is irrelevant, and as much as you and others were no fan of SR, it was his change of tactics and style by giving Turnbull and Hastie their chance that sent us on the decent run and getting to 3rd, so no asterix required

You really have to take your hat off to the levels some of ******our ******* supporters will go to undermine the achievements of the club they support.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

In ten years nobody will care or remember that the season was called early , the records will show season 2019-20 3rd place was Motherwell.

We earned the right to be in 3rd up to the point it was called, yes we might not have been there if the season had completed, but it didn't so that argument is irrelevant, and as much as you and others were no fan of SR, it was his change of tactics and style by giving Turnbull and Hastie their chance that sent us on the decent run and getting to 3rd, so no asterix required

Wrong season, neither played a minute last year........... and both were only thrown in out of desparation teying to save his job the previous year. Turnbull saved his job.... unfortunately

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

You really have to take your hat off to the levels some of ******our ******* supporters will go to undermine the achievements of the club they support.

Not at all. Its a great achievement on paper, and more importantly made us a fair bit of cash in the process!

My issue is the Manager and others trying to make it out to be some feat of managerial magnificense. When in reality it was an incredible bit of luck that masked the real issues underneath and papered over considerable cracks, kind of an appropriate summary for Robinsons career wi us to be honest.