St Johnstone Man of the Match (LC)

Andy_P

St Johnstone Man of the Match (LC)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. St Johnstone Man of the Match (LC)

• Aaron Chapman
    • Stephen O'Donnell
    • Ricki Lamie
    • Bevis Mugabe
    • Declan Gallagher
    • Robbie Crawford
    • Devante Cole
    • Mark O'Hara
    • Tony Watt
    • Liam Polworth
    • Callum Lang
    • Sherwin Seedorf
    • Jordan White
    • Liam Grimshaw

A really difficult one today. I thought that Crawford's first half was decent, but he faded in the second. So, maybe a bit controversial, but I think that big Bevis did not too bad a job today. Look beyond his dreadful distribution and he seems to read the game pretty well and defend to a reasonable level.

i'm normally one to make excuses for the players and management but that today was unacceptable. The manager must explain why he brought Lamie into the team. McGinley while no world beater has been ok. By dropping him we put a player just back from injury up against a flying machine in O'Halloran.  It was clear to me from early on  that Lamie was a bomb scare. Grimshaw also just back from injury and playing on the wrong side was a big up tick from Lamie.

All season there has been no pace in the team. When we break out of defence we are slow and end up passing back. Watching on a stream makes it difficult to tell if there is lack of movement from the front three but O'Donnell turning back inside so many  times and played to Gallagher was unbelievable. A complete rethink in January with pace mid to front a necessity.