Season 2020’21: Game 14: Hibernian (H)

Andy_P

2 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

With Campbell and Maguire back available, I would go back to the back four that was in place before of O'Donnell, O'Hara, Gallagher and McGinley, and take it from there with Campbell , Maguire and Polworth in midfield.

Yeh, I agree with this. Ohara was playing well at CH alongside Gallagher and McGinley (whilst not great)  is more reliable at LB than Grimshaw or Lamie. 

Also think we need Maguire’s stature and presence in midfield without Ohara or Donnelly. 

I agree with most comments about the defence, but would not go 4-3-3. I don't think we have the players for it and its no use having 3 strikers if you can't provide them with decent service.   Even moreso when Cole and White have both been ruled out. Its also putting the 2 full backs, and indeed the whole defence, under additional and unnecessary pressure. 

I would be tempted to go with an extra man in midfield for this at the expense of a striker.campbell,maguire and crawford with polworth  playing behind watt and lang,i like polworth but he needs to start having more of an influence in these types of games,last week he was totally anonymous,o'hara back to defence and mcginley in and no sign of lamie will do for me.

3 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Why a minute silence for Maradona? RIP and all that but why at Fir Park

That's the same (reasonable) logic Colin Calderwood used about a minute's silence for Phil O'Donnell at a Nottingham Forest match, and he was slaughtered by many on here for his comments.

We've started this game with a much better tempo than last week. Hope we keep it up.

Just now, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Hibs getting a lot of joy down their right hand side. Need to tighten up. They are getting too many crosses in. We are struggling to hold on to the ball. Ned to do better. Our midfield has been very quiet. 

We should have Boyle sussed by now. Always looking to hit the byline.