Season 2020’21: Game 15: St Mirren (H)

Andy_P

8 hours ago, GrahamH said:

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene and it’s worrying to hear Robinson thinks we played well.

We should’ve scored at least a couple , as with the Hibs game too. Yesterday the Polworth header and Lang’s chance in first half. Hubs game the ‘“goal “ we scored and  Mugabe Header

Again  the goal we lost was so bloody soft. It’s the oldest cliche in the book tho, if you don’t put them away we are going to look a bad team. 

Just watched highlights,  Mugabi embarrassing for that goal, jogging back as if out for a Sunday stroll.  Mind you Robbo must be unluckiest manager in world football as that's every game he says we have played really well and been unlucky......Emmmmm I think not Robbo, fans arent daft.....you pick the team...you sign the players so only you can turn it round...starting with pumping Gers 3-0.......jeez now I am making daft statements!! Lol....COYW

6 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Thought Hattie looked more like it in spells yesterday....why has it taken him so long to get fit though?

He's not been given a proper opportunity and not played games.   Personal view is there's a huge difference between fit and match sharpness.

I'd like to see us move to 4 men in midfield and play Hastie on the left - it also gives the left back some protection which we've missed. 

(appreciate Hastie isn't a fans favourite but he's the best winger we have) 

• Like 3

Only saw the 2nd half yesterday, but we were certainly the better team in the 2nd half and, I felt we played some decent stuff at times. We had a few decent opportunities and half chances, that with some better decision making should have resulted in at least one of them being converted. So with that in mind, I can see Robbos point of view.

However, its becoming a theme with us that we dont score when we are on top of teams and it only takes one chance converted at the other end to beat us. 

Its hard to identify where its going wrong. It can be very fine margins between a confidence building victory and a moral sapping defeat. I suspect that there are just too many players in the squad who just arent quite good enough, so again that comes down to the manager/board and signing strategy.

Not ready to throw Robbo under the bus just yet as I have no confidence that anyone better will want the job, but he has to provide evidence of being able to turn this around before January and that means finding some improvement from within the group of players we already have.

• Like 1