Season 2020’21: Game 16: Rangers (A)

Andy_P

29 minutes ago, weeyin said:

St. Mirren doing a fine job of setting us up for an even bigger than normal rebound doing.

My thoughts as well, but I suppose it's nothing more than we have been used to for the last 18 years or so.

Still hoping that one day we will  turn up against that mob with the right attitude and get a result, but nothing to suggest that it will be Saturday 

This game seems like the obvious opportunity to ditch our current ‘style’ and for Robinson to return to his core principles. I hope to see us well organised, with plenty of energy and dig while carrying a goal threat with a front two. 

St Mirren showed tonight that shutting off their fullbacks is half the battle. Would be nice to see us test Rangers’ bottle. 

51 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Not really sure where the fear that Rangers will "take it out" on us is coming from. It's a pretty common theme that Gerrard's Rangers sides start seasons well than immediately snowball back down after one bad result.

If only the other common theme for the last 2 decades wasn't "they could field their U12 team with their best 3 players out and we'd still find a way to lose".

One day, though.

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

If only the other common theme for the last 2 decades wasn't "they could field their U12 team with their best 3 players out and we'd still find a way to lose".

One day, though.

I think the horror story actually goes back way beyond two decades.  There's the odd home win here and there but we might averaging something like a win a decade at Ibrox over the last sixty years.

I have absolutely confidence in getting any kind of result but whilst Motherwell sides that have been challenging for Europe and the top end of the table have gone there and lost even Maurice Malpas side managed a draw there so you do never know.

24 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I think the horror story actually goes back way beyond two decades.  There's the odd home win here and there but we might averaging something like a win a decade at Ibrox over the last sixty years.

I have absolutely confidence in getting any kind of result but whilst Motherwell sides that have been challenging for Europe and the top end of the table have gone there and lost even Maurice Malpas side managed a draw there so you do never know.

That was just his Donald Duck.

• Like 2

Rangers (Insert number between 3 and 8 ) - Motherwell 0

Post Match - We go again, how can we expect to compete with their budget?

Monday - Some inane social media shite about the boys working hard in training 

Wednesday -  Aberdeen are coming here full of confidence, look at their budget and their players, how can we expect to compete? All we can ask is that the boys give everything 

Boxing Day - Tannadice is a difficult place to come. The boys gave everything after playing 3 matches in 7 days but we have a small squad and boys not on a lot of money so how can we really expect to compete when you look at the resources?

30th Of December - It has been a really difficult period for us. Playing so many matches in such a short space of time. Look at our injuries. We're making lots of chances but it's just not happening for us. 

Will Motherwell win another game in 2020?  Will Rickie Lamie throw away another goal? Will we ever score an equaliser?  

Tune in next time on a dodgy Motherwell Tv stream to find out. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Never saw them last night but sunday against dundee utd was the 1st time this season that i have watched them when they did not look totally dominant and by all accounts last night same. Dundee utd played a 541 to combat their 2 best players (tavernier and barasic) and it worked.  Hope we go same way and if we can contain them early doors we will grow into game i think id go

Archer,

back 5 of odonnell ,ohara mugabi,gallagher,mcginley

mid 4 of polworth,campbell,maguire,cole

up front watt

Those players also give us big advantage at set pieces with all back 5 plus cole over 6 ft.

Theres always hope and ive always got it but god knows how

4 hours ago, Kmac said:

Rangers (Insert number between 3 and 8 ) - Motherwell 0

Post Match - We go again, how can we expect to compete with their budget?

Monday - Some inane social media shite about the boys working hard in training 

Wednesday -  Aberdeen are coming here full of confidence, look at their budget and their players, how can we expect to compete? All we can ask is that the boys give everything 

Boxing Day - Tannadice is a difficult place to come. The boys gave everything after playing 3 matches in 7 days but we have a small squad and boys not on a lot of money so how can we really expect to compete when you look at the resources?

30th Of December - It has been a really difficult period for us. Playing so many matches in such a short space of time. Look at our injuries. We're making lots of chances but it's just not happening for us. 

Will Motherwell win another game in 2020?  Will Rickie Lamie throw away another goal? Will we ever score an equaliser?  

Tune in next time on a dodgy Motherwell Tv stream to find out. 

Brilliant 

These games aren't about turning up with an 'attitude'. If that were the case lower league sides with an attitude would be winning trophies. They're not because the real issue is quality of player. St Mirren pulled off their shock result with a game plan that worked on the night not an attitude. And they still just barely got that result so I don't think anyone should be reading too much into it.

St Mirren managed to negate Tavernier while focusing on breaking down the other side at Bassey. As I say it worked on the night and is a game plan many others including Robinson may now be looking at. If you can stop Tavernier playing you might disturb their momentum.

But I don't see Rangers being any less of a formidable force because of one loss in what is it? About 27 games or something like that? They're still massive favourites to win this. And personally I would prefer they hadn't lost their winning run just before we play them at Ibrox.

• Like 1