Season 2020’21: Game 16: Rangers (A)

Andy_P

17 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I'm normally a pretty optimistic fan but I don't think there's any chance of us getting anything from today. Got the fear big time.

I’m hoping we can somehow hold on for the first 20 minutes then go from there but I’m not at all confident.

3-5-2 I assume with Grimshaw at LWB? Ask him to press Tavernier and O'Donnel to press Barisic and try to emulate what St Mirren did during the week? 

I look forward to all the comments about being too defensive after slating Robinson for being too attacking going 4-3-3 against Celtic.

Last result we got against Rangers was the 3-3 at Fir Park was playing 3-5-2 so maybe something in that, Crawford, O'Hara and Campbell should offer a lot of legs in the middle of the park. 

I can see what he's trying to do, don't think it'll work mind you.

Edited by C&A not the shop

The Crawford/Maguire switch is baffling. I'm a big fan of Crawford in his 2 or 3 appearances for us, but Maguire has been very solid last couple of games.

And Rickie Lamie at Ibrox vs a flying Rangers? One foot in the 'Robbo Out' camp.

Edit - if you wanna go 5-3-2 or whatever that's fine, but put O'Hara at centre half, put Polworth in midfield and put Lamie on a plane to utter utter fuck.

Ten past two and I'm fuming :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, postiejim said:

I really don't care about old firm games anymore ,home or away . Would be  delighted if we can get something today , just can't see it though. 

Likewise, sadly.... will just be putting up the Christmas tree and some decorations this afternoon, and checking the result later.

8 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

3-5-2 I assume with Grimshaw at LWB? Ask him to press Tavernier and O'Donnel to press Barisic and try to emulate what St Mirren did during the week? 

I look forward to all the comments about being too defensive after slating Robinson for being too attacking going 4-3-3 against Celtic.

Last result we got against Rangers was the 3-3 at Fir Park was playing 3-5-2 so maybe something in that, Crawford, O'Hara and Campbell should offer a lot of legs in the middle of the park. 

I can see what he's trying to do, don't think it'll work mind you.

Yep I'm with you and can see what hes trying to do. Obviously being realistic it's going to be very hard going but the reaction of our fans to the team before game has started is so negative and predictable. The way he has set up will be exactly same as how st Mirren set up.  Yes lamie has been poor and maybe dropping ohara into defense instead with Maguire in midfield is a decision. And cole for lang but what else? I still believe polworth is our best player but hes been off it for a bit although was gd when on last week. I'm hoping as everyone on here we produce something. 

• Like 1

Beggars belief that he starts Lamie, nothing against Ricki but not his fault,  its Robbo that picks the team. He has picked a team that the Robbo out camp will have a field day with and the Robbo Must stay camp will no doubt defend.     I propose we are all smiling at 4.50 celebrating a 1-0 last minute Lamie winner ......no I am not drunk.....COYW

• Like 1

Lamie at left central defence ahead of Mc Ginley whose preferred position is yup you've guessed it-- left central defence.

Can only assume that Lamie has had a terrific week of training or Robinson has a high score for the opposition on his coupon!!

If today goes tits up with Lamie even partly responsible this site will be in over drive tonight.

Heart truly goes out to Dec who will have Lamie and Bevis either side of him today.

Staying away from radio. Will watch Sportscene tonight through cracks in my fingers.

21 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

The Crawford/Maguire switch is baffling. I'm a big fan of Crawford in his 2 or 3 appearances for us, but Maguire has been very solid last couple of games.

And Rickie Lamie at Ibrox vs a flying Rangers? One foot in the 'Robbo Out' camp.

Edit - if you wanna go 5-3-2 or whatever that's fine, but put O'Hara at centre half, put Polworth in midfield and put Lamie on a plane to utter utter fuck.

Ten past two and I'm fuming :lol:

Absolutely mental team. Grimshaw v Tavernier?  Thats gonna be bad. No attacking nous in midfield, so its gonna be 5-3-2, hoof the ball 60 yard and hope Lang & Watt can get lucky

He could put out Bayern Munich's starting 11 and folk would complain that there weren't any boys that came through our youth team starting.

For all the folk that write off games against the old firm and the inevitable poor result these threads still get the most responses.

If we get a result (stop laughing) then folk will say its in spite of the shite team and if (when we get pumped) people will say we got pumped despite Robbo doing everything right.... thats where we are now.

1 minute ago, Shaka said:

Absolutely mental team. Grimshaw v Tavernier?  Thats gonna be bad. No attacking nous in midfield, so its gonna be 5-3-2, hoof the ball 60 yard and hope Lang & Watt can get lucky

Grimshaw is limited but he'll put in a shift and get up and down the line. Its an idea. 

Aye, battle and harrass in midfield and play it in to the flanks for Lang and Watt to chase or up to Watt to try and win some fouls. That is probably the plan.