Season 2020’21: Game 18: Dundee Utd (A)

Andy_P

When the strikers aren't scoring the midfielders need to be chipping in. Hopefully one of those units will get us a couple of goals and the 3 points.

I've got some sympathy for the set-piece takers as I've lost count of the chances Gallagher in particular has squandered the past few months. Mugabi and O'Hara have missed their share too. We also have a habit of loading up the back post and never putting anyone at the front.

Apart from that, it's all good :cheers:

Think we'll see a return to 4-3-3 for this one, with either Cole or Hastie coming back in to join Watt and Lang as part of the front three.

Would like to see us start the game the way we ended the Aberdeen game, by playing in between their midfield and defence and building from there.

13 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Can see why he hasn't changed the back 5 but I’d have liked to have seen McGuire & Cole in for Crawford & Lang. Hope Carson’s not been rushed back....

I'd like to see us give both Mcguire and Hastie a run of 6 games to see how they do  - they need a chance to show if they have what it takes.

I don't even know Mcguires best position - should he partner Gallagher or is he better as a hold midfield player.