Season 2020’21: Game 18: Dundee Utd (A)

Andy_P

That’s really hard lines. We were very good today, creating plenty of chances and in control for much of the game. On the back of a solid performance against Aberdeen midweek, there’s plenty to be positive about. Persist with a similar shape and personnel and we’ll soon return to winning ways. It’s just a shame that we’re about to lose Lang who despite fluffing a few opportunities today, has the potential to be really effective in a front two. 

Mentions to Watt and O’Donnell who were excellent, Crawford also starting to look like a useful acquisition. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

We were the better team by a mile. We just did what we’ve done all season and failed to score, how many attempts at goal did we have in that game.

According to BBC 22 shots to their 10. The only difference is we got a point whereas with early games we would have lost 1-0. If we were not 1-0 up we probably would have. 

So disappointing to lose yet another late goal. This is becoming a habit. 

Although I did not see the game we do seem to get worse after subs come on. This has to be addressed. 

Should be happy with an away point but after everything today and leading for 80 minutes that is a sore one. Severely pissed off !

1-0 is always a dangerous lead no matter how much you dominate.

Having said that last week we took a point at home and created virtually nothing.  We've taken a point away and were dominant and did create.  

So while it's disappointing not to take 3 points for me today is a, albeit small, step forward.

Kilmarnock lost again today, I think that's 7 out of 8 (might be 6 out of 7) they have lost so that's a huge game coming up for us.

We've got to go into that one looking for 3 points.

3 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Is there a single person on this forum that would have put Whyte on before Cole and Cornelius before McGuire?! Raging at Robinson after that.

Although to be fair we should have been out of sight with the chances we had.

The substitutions all season have been baffling,after ibrox whyte shouldn't be brought on again,it's like playing with a man light and that's the last thing we need going into the latter stages of a game.truth be told our bench offers us nothing,there hasn't been one game this season where I've thought get such and such on they might make a difference,the quality of our subs is woeful to say the least.

Just now, livivoice said:

Raging with O'Donnell when in injury time he attempts a shot from way out rather than taking ball into corner.

Agree with others over subs . Nothing against White or Cornelius but surely the correct subs should have been Cole or Maguire or Mc Ginley.

Only ourselves to blame for dropped points.

Or to be more accurate the Manager. This is happening all too often for it to be accidental. 
Rangers were 1-0 up v Hibs and twice took the ball to the corner after 90 minutes. When will we ever learn. 

It scares me that Lang is gone after next week, and White was the first choice to come on today.  If White ends up starting games, we're done.

Overall, if I'm going to pick out the good points, I thought Crawford had a good game, and Grimshaw held his own again and was close to that elusive first goal. Watt does a really good job of holding onto the ball, and has steadily improved for us. He needs better around him though, Lang works hard, but made some poor decisions that cost us a couple of chances.

Gallagher, O'Hara and Lamie looked relatively comfortable, although the latter was lucky with a couple of penalty shouts.  It was good to see Carson back, and he made a few key saves. His distribution makes us better too. 

I think United should have cashed in on Shankland last year, he looked pretty shite to me.