Season 2020’21: Game 18: Dundee Utd (A)

Andy_P

6 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Scottish refereeing is a wee clique/ old chums act with the same old faces getting the top  Premiership game(ugly sisters)regardless of their display/ competencies ,with the next level deemed not good enough to do the ugly sisters games yet ,but we get these clowns week in week out, Colin Steven at yesterday’s Ross County/St Midden is a prime example never officiated the ugly sisters, been on the cat one list since 2013.......are the rules different for matches concerning the old firm ???? ..........silly me !!!

Imagine the reaction  if Madden had did this in an old firm match

You are spot on with your comments, in fact I cannot remember the game he officiated in one of our games last season  and said then that in my opinion he was the worst referee that I have ever seen and said that he would never get any of the ugly sister’s games which has turned out to be true, but the rest of us i the league have to put up with this little weasel.

I would also add that Rangers after 20 league games have not conceded a penalty, are they that good not to concede a penalty, I don’t think so.”

5 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

You are spot on with your comments, in fact I cannot remember the game he officiated in one of our games last season  and said then that in my opinion he was the worst referee that I have ever seen and said that he would never get any of the ugly sister’s games which has turned out to be true, but the rest of us i the league have to put up with this little weasel.

I would also add that Rangers after 20 league games have not conceded a penalty, are they that good not to concede a penalty, I don’t think so.”

The game he came to my attention was the last game of 2018/19 at Perth......that was his first Premiership game after SIX years at cat one.....was diabolical that day, followed the unofficial refs guidelines keep the home support sweet. = soft penalty to St J, chopped of Aribiys goal, etc etc

Think you are thinking of the Accies game Feb 2020 when he sent Long off

On 12/27/2020 at 12:10 AM, Kmcalpin said:

You have to question Bobby Madden's motives when he penalised Trevor Carson for taking too long, with the ball in our box. It must be many years since I've seen that particular infringement punished. Why on earth now?  Will his supervisor question him about it? We should certainly ask the SFA for clarification if this particular infringement is still being punished. Out of all the thousands of football matches that have taken place you have to ask why a referee would suddenly and randomly single out this incident.

Its similar, but for worse than random punishments for foul throws which we see week in week out, but are not punished.

Watching the Rangers game just now with a stop watch to try and prove a point to myself.

Twice in the first half McGregor has held on to the ball  longer than 6 seconds. Once for 10 and another for 14.

Interesting!!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, santheman said:

Watching the Rangers game just now with a stop watch to try and prove a point to myself.

Twice in the first half McGregor has held on to the ball  longer than 6 seconds. Once for 10 and another for 14.

Interesting!!

I know we are in lockdown,  but that's no normal behaviour :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Interesting!!

Trevor said he held it for 18 seconds.