Season 2020’21: Game 19: Kilmarnock (H)

Andy_P

12 hours ago, Stevie73 said:

If we lose this it major relegation dog fight

True. But the fact that Ross County appointed John Hughes over other candidates will hopefully turn out to be a good thing for the rest of the league. Not saying he is a terrible Manager, I just don’t believe he is good enough to turn around their existing squad. That may change if Uncle Roy chucks some money his way in the Jan window. 

I also would rather play Killie with Dyer at the helm. Seems a nice enough guy but reminds me of Malpas in that he is so laid back it must be difficult for him to motivate an underachieving team. I suspect if they lose to us he will be given his jotters if not this year then early next. They will bring in Gary Holt. Seems an obvious replacement. That will probably be enough to galvanise Killie to safety. 

We have / had 4 massive games to turn our season around. All winnable and an away point at DDee Utd is an OK start. Should have been better but most would have probably taken a draw before KO. 

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

If Cole is fit he should certainly start and agree that some game time for Carroll would be nice. Other than that no other changes, we should have had 3 points last game out, hopefully we get them this time.

If we are 1-0 up with ten minutes to go, don’t bring on Carroll to get him some minutes.  See the game out.  (See also, White).

15 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

For me if Carroll is fit enough for the bench he should be starting,  that will get him game time

He’s been out for how long, 8-9 months? Huge ask to expect more than 20-30 mins from him when he hasn’t had a minute of reserve team football. This is where I have sympathy for managers and players this season, it can’t be easy trying to accommodate players returning from injury and/or ease new players into the first team. That was evident with young Cornelius the other day. 

• Thanks 1

Today is a huge game for us. We need to keep up the level of performance we have seen in the Aberdeen and Dundee United games and try to be more clinical in front of goal. Happy to go with the same team again, only change I would make is Cole for Lang. I think we will get more out of Watt in the final 3rd if he isnt being asked to do all the hold up play himself. No idea just how bad Killie have been recently but a lot of their supporters appear wuite despondent about how things are going. However, we've all read that book before!

• Like 2

Massive game tonight, we really need a positive result and big performance.  Cole for Lang definitely,  Lang was being hailed at start of season but just my opinion but I have not been impressed but still better than White and Huffy Long . A bad defeat and even the biggest Robbo supporters must surely realise that things are bad. Anyway let's not think about that.  Here is hoping for a happy forum come 8.00 onwards....COYW

16 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Cole in for Lang. Happy with that lineup. Mon the Well!!

If the stories are true about Lang being recalled by Wigan in January, we might not see him again (after today, at least - he might make a subs appearance).

Happy to see Cole get a start, though.