Season 2020’21: Game 19: Kilmarnock (H)

Andy_P

13 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Why is Chapman & not Archer on the bench? I thought Archer was the more secure of the 2. Is he away now?

He wasn't on the bench on Saturday either and the same thought struck me.

I might imagine that given we knew Carson would be back at some point, Fox was progressing quicker than anticipated and we'd signed Chapman that Archer was recruited on an "as required" basis. 

Probably one of those ones that work out well for both, shake hands and see you later. We've had cover on a short term basis and he gets a wedge for a bit whilst putting himself in the shop window.

12 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

He wasn't on the bench on Saturday either and the same thought struck me.

I might imagine that given we knew Carson would be back at some point, Fox was progressing quicker than anticipated and we'd signed Chapman that Archer was recruited on an "as required" basis. 

Probably one of those ones that work out well for both, shake hands and see you later. We've had cover on a short term basis and he gets a wedge for a bit whilst putting himself in the shop window.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but in Trevs interview in Mondays newspaper, did he not say that he played due to Archer picking up an injury. Would have thought a brainy guy like you would have picked that up. 

44 minutes ago, Jumbomuir said:

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but in Trevs interview in Mondays newspaper, did he not say that he played due to Archer picking up an injury. Would have thought a brainy guy like you would have picked that up

I didn't. That's why I speculated at what the reason was  and used words like "I imagine" and "probably". 

Maybe you didn't pick that up.