Season 2020’21: Game 19: Kilmarnock (H)

Andy_P

This feels like some kind of torture.....

From our terrible long diagonals, to losing another soft goal, to giving away a stupid penalty, to a complete lack of fight and desire, to Lamie giving the ball away every time he tries to pass it more than 10 yards, to listening to these two talking a lot of Jordan Whyte. The whole thing is grim grim grim. 

• Like 1

Just now, underboyleheating said:

That’s why he needs to go now and let another manger make those decisions. 

I was all for giving him the transfer window but that changed after we lost to st mirren,I don't think keeping robinson and letting him bring a couple of players in will be enough to turn things around,he has to go.

Well thats been the worst yet. Its small consolation that we didn't concede any more. Its hard enough to stomach a continually leaky defence, pedestrian midfield and toothless strikeforce but the lack of fighting spirit and character in the side is the most concerning aspect. Even a normally committed player like Allan Campbell seems to have lost his energy and determination. On tonight's evidence, O'Hara won't be missed in the next game or two. 

Hopefully, Trevor Carson's injury isn't too bad. 

Where do we go from here?

It’s not often I go into a game confident of a Motherwell win but I really fancied us on the back of encouraging signs stemming from the Aberdeen and Dundee United games. Unfortunately, we chucked in a nothing performance that has been all so typical throughout 2020.

I’ve been fairly relaxed about this season, content to see us muddle through while the stands sit empty. Lose to Hamilton on Saturday however and the alarm bells will start to ring. Worrying times for the management team - I don’t think there are many players in the squad that they have absolute faith in. We badly need an experienced head or two.