30th August v Celtic - 1 shot on target

12th September v St Johnstone - 2 shots on target

27th September v Rangers - 1 shot on target

21st November v St Johnstone - 2 shots on target

5th December v Hibernian - 1 shot on target

19th December v Rangers - 2 shot on target

23rd December v Aberdeen - 1 shot on target

30th December v Kilmarnock - 1 shot on target

That's 10 out of 18 matches where we've had 2 or less shots on target.  Totally unacceptable.

I liked Polworth last season. He's been hopeless this season though, hardly putting himself in the shop window. Our set pieces have been terrible, which is frustrating as that's something that can be worked on.

We are in that stage of denial where we think we're better than we are, while the teams around us know the score and are scrapping. 

These signings that we have "lined up" terrify me. 

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

3rd August v Ross County - 1 shot on target

15th August v Hibernian - 2 shot on target

That's 10 out of 18 matches where we've had 2 or less shots on target.  Totally unacceptable.

They stats are truly horrific

Well that was sh*t*.

I generally believe that changing manager mid season is a huge gamble and one which can often go the wrong way. Having said that, managers tend to have a shelf life and when it is over, it is time to say goodbye. We are a team devoid. Lacking in all fundamentals. No organisation, no fight, no skill and no belief. Change is required and sooner rather than later.

I really don't like calling for people to lose their jobs and livelihoods but we cannot go on as it is.

• Like 1

Well I think it’s fair to say that was dreadful, I’m guessing we still had the majority of the possession over the 90 minutes  but no one is coming out of that with any plus marks. We looked absolutely devoid of any confidence and sadly the summer signings have come back to bite us big style. Carson going off really just put the icing on the cake. I’m guessing given that it seems new signings are as good as in the bag Robinson will get the chance to turn it around but I’m under no illusions that the knives are now out big style. Think it’s time for an alcoholic beverage to numb the pain, can’t really be bothered with some of the gloating from fellow Motherwell fans after a loss, seems a bit strange to me.

Horrendous.

Result. Performance. Carson's injury.  Just horrendous.

I thought we actually started not too bad.  But like many of our home games this season we've been the better side, even if only marginally, but done nothing with the opportunities that we've had during that spell and all the opposition have to do is wait because sooner or later they'll get a chance which inevitably they take.  At worst we should have gone in level at half-time.

But it was just disastrous from there on in.  Madness from O'Hara which killed it there and then. Carson eventually going off is of course a major worry and in the end it could quite easily have been four or five. 

I don't know who Robinson has lined up but I very much hope they are lined and ready to be involved pretty much immediately for a revitalisation of that team is pretty desperately required.

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We look like we don't work on attacking play at all. 

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I take the point but the stats are usually rubbish, I can think of 2 shots on target against Aberdeen, which game did Maguire fire one in?  I would add 1 or 2 for each game, still poor.

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Well I think it’s fair to say that was dreadful, I’m guessing we still had the majority of the possession over the 90 minutes  but no one is coming out of that with any plus marks. We looked absolutely devoid of any confidence and sadly the summer signings have come back to bite us big style. Carson going off really just put the icing on the cake. I’m guessing given that it seems new signings are as good as in the bag Robinson will get the chance to turn it around but I’m under no illusions that the knives are now out big style. Think it’s time for an alcoholic beverage to numb the pain, can’t really be bothered with some of the gloating from fellow Motherwell fans after a loss, seems a bit strange to me.

I don't see much gloating, just folk who are being proved right,  game after game. As for Robinson's signings, one look at that park and bench tonight should fill us with fear, not optimism.

• Like 1

Surely we need to hear from more than the manager at this stage? We were deluded by getting those 6 covid points, but now we're faced with reality of having to earn them back. I don't think this organisation even cares what supporters think anymore and I suspect, had there been no empty grounds, a lot of supporters would have walked. This was once a club that could play against anyone.

The biggest concern that I have is that there are no signs that this team can turn this around. We are all aware that they are technically poor, but some of that can be overcome with desire and determination. I just don't see it in this team, and I think that tonight, Robinson's body language was one of defeat. He looked deflated when on camera. The team is low in confidence and it looks like the manager has run out of ideas. Very much like the end of McCall's era.

Some of the players are very capable at this level, but we are not getting anything near their best at this point. They need a change to get them back on track.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MFCL84 said:

The biggest concern that I have is that there are no signs that this team can turn this around. We are all aware that they are technically poor, but some of that can be overcome with desire and determination. I just don't see it in this team, and I think that tonight, Robinson's body language was one of defeat. He looked deflated when on camera. The team is low in confidence and it looks like the manager has run out of ideas. Very much like the end of McCall's era.

Some of the players are very capable at this level, but we are not getting anything near their best at this point. They need a change to get them back on track.

Actually being able to pass a ball 10 yards to a team mate would help 

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Lamie is not a player.  We don’t play football that would utilise White so I give him a pass, don’t want to see him on the pitch though.

Fair comments. Whyte is not of the required standard for this level. Giving him the final twenty minutes, two goals and a man down, and expecting him to be able to make a telling difference is tantamount to workplace bullying.

1 minute ago, mfc said:

I see it's campbell's turn tonight to come out with the same old guff "we need to get better we need to improve",every week its the same shite

Feel sorry for Campbell. He's basically been carrying the team for most of the last 3 years and he's still a U21 international.

It shouldn't be that way.