Season 2020’21: Game 19: Kilmarnock (H)

Andy_P

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

Feel sorry for Campbell. He's basically been carrying the team for most of the last 3 years and he's still a U21 international.

It shouldn't be that way.

I agree,I love campbell and I'll be gutted when he goes,he's been brilliant for us but being honest the sooner he is away the better for him,his career is stalled with us and playing in this team is doing him no favours.

3 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

The only positive I can take from watching that tonight is that I didn't have to freeze my bollocks off while watching it from the East Stand.

Although to be fair if I had been then I wouldn't have had to listen to the inane shite from Jock Brown.

Swings and roundabouts and all that.

If I was at game at least I could have cried into a post match pint at New Century........ohhhh I miss the pub

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

I agree,I love campbell and I'll be gutted when he goes,he's been brilliant for us but being honest the sooner he is away the better for him,his career is stalled with us and playing in this team is doing him no favours.

I think its now time for both him and the club for him to move on. For whatever reason he just doesn't seem interested just now. That said  others also look disinterested too.

18 minutes ago, ropy said:

Lamie is not a player.  We don’t play football that would utilise White so I give him a pass, don’t want to see him on the pitch though.

White just isn't good enough at this level but i totally agree how we utilise him is just nonsense,we needed to be getting crosses into the box to atleast give him a chance and at the very least make a nuisance of himself and hope we benefit from that.to be bringing him on for 20 minutes here and there and punt long balls and he flicks it onto nobody is just painful viewing,like i said he's not good enough but it's the manager that's putting him in that position.

Why has he not came on the face the fans, only person to give a statement was wee Alan Campbell with the same scripted interview.

Tactically we were rank tonight and that is down to him, do the right thing, step aside and keep us in the top flight, as with Robbo  in charge sorry to say but it’s the championship next season

Lammie is to blame for O'Hara sending  off as O'Hara saw Lammie moving forward and leaving the player in behind and he saw the danger and ran in to cover. I also saw what looked like a rammie between O'Donnell and Watt which started in the first half and looked quite heated. They were still at it well into the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, Stevie73 said:

Why has he not came on the face the fans, only person to give a statement was wee Alan Campbell with the same scripted interview.

Tactically we were rank tonight and that is down to him, do the right thing, step aside and keep us in the top flight, as with Robbo  in charge sorry to say but it’s the championship next season

To be fair he came on the radio and was pretty honest about the situation and his own performance as manager.

I don't rate Robinson at all as a tactical manager, that's not the type he is, so I don't expect that from his teams but this whole season just feels flat as a pancake.  It's an unusual situation because of covid but it's the same for all the teams and it's not going to be a valid excuse if we find ourselves in a relegation situation.  Down we go just the same.

I do think Robinson is probably now entering the most difficult time as Motherwell manager.  It's often said, but the next few games really are crucial.  Anything but a win against Accies is going to down like a lead balloon and our record against them recently is pretty poor (1 win in 5, although admittedly better away from home).  Then going away to St Mirren, another team we've struggled against lately, and right now they look like a much more cohesive team than us.  Then you are looking at Rangers, Aberdeen and Ross County.  You gotta say it's not looking too good but while many supporters are either done with Robinson or leaning that way I don't see the club making any decisions in the near future, at least not before these 5 matches.

Robinson has tended to get a lucky break when he's needed it in the past.  Let's hope these 3 new players are good ones.

9 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

To be fair he came on the radio and was pretty honest about the situation and his own performance as manager.

I don't rate Robinson at all as a tactical manager, that's not the type he is, so I don't expect that from his teams but this whole season just feels flat as a pancake.  It's an unusual situation because of covid but it's the same for all the teams and it's not going to be a valid excuse if we find ourselves in a relegation situation.  Down we go just the same.

I do think Robinson is probably now entering the most difficult time as Motherwell manager.  It's often said, but the next few games really are crucial.  Anything but a win against Accies is going to down like a lead balloon and our record against them recently is pretty poor (1 win in 5, although admittedly better away from home).  Then going away to St Mirren, another team we've struggled against lately, and right now they look like a much more cohesive team than us.  Then you are looking at Rangers, Aberdeen and Ross County.  You gotta say it's not looking too good but while many supporters are either done with Robinson or leaning that way I don't see the club making any decisions in the near future, at least not before these 5 matches.

Robinson has tended to get a lucky break when he's needed it in the past.  Let's hope these 3 new players are good ones.

How are we playing Rangers and Aberdeen again, are there no other teams?

22 minutes ago, ropy said:

I was half expecting a win today.

Me too. Felt quite positive after the the last three games where we looked a bit more organised and cohesive and the first twenty minutes tonight I thought we had finally turned that corner. You could see it in the players that all it took was that first Killie goal for it to all be undone. 

6 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The problem wont be if the three new players are good , it will be the other 8 that's the problem.

He said last night we need a few fresh faces in  the team so why on earth is he trying to extend Crawfords loan deal until the end of the season he has offered us next to nothing.I honestly wouldn't give him another window when he said look at himself in the mirror the mirror should be saying right time to go Steve had a fair run.

Didnt want to post a kneejerk reaction last night as things were still raw. So have taken some time to reflect on the game and my thoughts are as follows.

We started the game ok. Not great, but ok. We looked like the team in control of the game and although we didnt create many chances we were looking like the team more likely to score.

Then Kilmarnock did, with their first clear cut chance of the game.

The concerning thing for me is that we should have seen a reaction to that, particularly after half time, but we didnt and, after the penalty and the red card, the whole thing just unravelled. Like so many games this season, we are a team that just doesnt cope with adversity. 

Im finding it really difficult to comprehend how this is even possible from a Robinson team? When he first came in, he put great stock on the character of players and you could see that reflected in our style of play. It wasnt pretty at times, but the opposition knew they had been in a game with us. Fir Park was a hard place to come. Where are the Bowmans, the Hartleys, the Curtis Mains in this squad? Not the best technical players, but they new what they were good at and used it to their advantage. This team has no identity.

Also the subs, again! 

I know the red card and the injury to Carson limited options but in what world would anyone think that putting White on for Cole is gonna improve the situation? Carroll for Grimmy? A left back for a left back? Those subs smack of acceptance that the game is gone and we are giving players a run out to get minutes in their legs. Hastie, Lang, Cornelius could all have come on and allowed us to change the shape and at least give Kilmarnock something different to think about. Taking Crawford off as well when Campbell was clearly having a much poorer game? Madness.

Im afraid that Robbo seems to have totally lost his way. He has forgotten all the things that have gotten him success and appears blinded to which players he can trust and those he cant.

He has the Accies game and the 3 new signings to convince me that he can turn this around. If he fails with either / both I will be forced to resign my Happy Clapper status.

3 hours ago, well_said said:

The problem wont be if the three new players are good , it will be the other 8 that's the problem.

3 players have radically changed it before in January.  Or even going further back look at the effect Falconer and Weir had.

There is a decent enough core there (Carson, Gallagher, O'Donnell, Campbell, Watt) we just need guys around them that are going to give them a helping hand and experience tells me there often isn't much difference between a good team and a bad team in terms of personnel.    

Carroll coming back could solve one of our big problems and if we bring in the right players in the right positions things can definitely get better.

But Robinson really needs to be ruthless and get rid of luxury players (Polworth) , guys that are not interested (Long), guys that are not good enough (Grimshaw, Seedorf etc) cos his job on the line now.  

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

Has someone confirmed that 3 players are coming in.  I had previously heard 2 but even that was hearsay.

I think the number has just been lifted from one of Robinsons interviews the other day. Sure it was reported that there were 2 or 3 more or less over the line.