Season 2020’21: Game 19: Kilmarnock (H)

Andy_P

The fate of our season rests with guys that haven't even arrived yet,worrying times indeed.theres no two ways about it we simply have to get things right in january or the consequences will be to dire to even contemplate cause this current lot are only heading in one direction.ive seen that three players are coming in,hopefully there's experience among them and some leadership as that's what we're crying out for.i agree with ya beezer there is a decent enough core to our team but even the guys we know we can rely on like gallagher and even more so campbell,there being dragged down by the guff there having to play beside.i hope three new signings are just for starters and we can get as much dross out the door as possible that could free up money for others to arrive.

26 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

3 players have radically changed it before in January.  Or even going further back look at the effect Falconer and Weir had.

There is a decent enough core there (Carson, Gallagher, O'Donnell, Campbell, Watt) we just need guys around them that are going to give them a helping hand and experience tells me there often isn't much difference between a good team and a bad team in terms of personnel.    

Carroll coming back could solve one of our big problems and if we bring in the right players in the right positions things can definitely get better.

But Robinson really needs to be ruthless and get rid of luxury players (Polworth) , guys that are not interested (Long), guys that are not good enough (Grimshaw, Seedorf etc) cos his job on the line now.  

how did you manage to miss out    jordan white ?????     

Just now, Lobey_Dosser said:

I recognise we are in desperate need for fresh blood but during these challenging times is anyone else surprised that we are in a position to bring in 2 or 3 players at the beginning of January? Presumably we’ve agreed to release one or two and/or sell an asset.

I presume we have been pretty frugal with our money this season due to Covid, but now needs must as a drop into the championship would be disastrous financially. I do expect a few players to be moved on though.