Welcome to Motherwell Graham Alexander

grizzlyg

Frankly I don't see any new manager being as good as Robinson. It's been a poor first half to a season which began with high hopes but has descended into what may become a relegation battle. This smacks of Hearts last season when they fired Levein and expected anything to change. It didn't and they were relegated. I believe they would have survived if they had kept Levein.   

• Like 1

I still think Tommy Wright is the obvious choice. Given our current position and a team with no confidence, you need someone to come in and take control of the situation and I can’t think of anyone else who could do that just now. Might not be pretty but right now I don’t think hiring a young manager or someone with no experience of the Scottish game would be a good move, in fact could be the final nail in the coffin for us. 

2 minutes ago, johnstone said:

I still think Tommy Wright is the obvious choice. Given our current position and a team with no confidence, you need someone to come in and take control of the situation and I can’t think of anyone else who could do that just now. Might not be pretty but right now I don’t think hiring a young manager or someone with no experience of the Scottish game would be a good move, in fact could be the final nail in the coffin for us. 

this is just a question, a dont know if this has entered any ones head yet,     but what if tommy wright doesnt fancy it whats our plan B 

Didn't Tommy Wright have some sort of agreement with St Johnstone, a kind of informal no compete clause, that he wouldn't jump to another Scottish club? 

Or is this made up internet nonsense repeated often enough to become fact?

At this stage we need results, Tommy Wright would get that. 

George Burley as an outside shout? Been out the game for a few years but got a good pedigree and is a former player.... 

Just now, Spit_It_Out said:

Graham Alexander for me think he would do a job for us.

I was just going to mention alexander,that's the type of appointment i can see us going for.ive no idea what nick mcleish is in these days but if we're looking to go down the experienced route could he be a possibility.

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

My mate suggested  Strachan,   hey if you dont ask......I would take that

I'm a fan of Strachan and love listening to him dissecting games. His approach is very technical though, and I don't think we have the kind of players that respond to that,

5 minutes ago, mfc said:

I was just going to mention alexander,that's the type of appointment i can see us going for.ive no idea what nick mcleish is in these days but if we're looking to go down the experienced route could he be a possibility.

That cunt's CV would go in the same pile as McGhoo, i.e. the bin. Cunt of a manager and a cunt of a cunt.

1 hour ago, Walker86 said:

I don't understand the resentment towards Tommy Wright. We need a proven manager at this level who knows the league, the players and what is required to get out of this rut! His no nonsense approach would hopefully work by first and foremost putting a massive rocket up the teams arse.

We've just lost a manager whose style of football bored the pants offs, we dont need another like him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnstone said:

Tommy Wright took St J from mid table mind numbingly boring bang average mediocrity and left them in the same place ffs getting him in would be a big step backwards .

A team that is pretty on the eye is not our primary objective at this moment in time, although it would most certainly be a bonus.

we need a manager who will manage to turn poor performances in to points on the board, and built from there.

tommy Wright, whilst not likely to be popular nor my first choice, would be a safe pair of hands (short term) and I emphasise the short term.  I highly doubt Tommy would be interested in the gig short term however. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6475879/motherwell-lasley-job-robinson/

KEITH LASLEY will be given four games to land the Motherwell job.

The Fir Park legend has been placed in temporary charge of the Steelmen following Stephen Robinson’s resignation.

SunSport understands the Well No 2 wants the job for keeps, but must prove his credentials in upcoming matches against Hamilton, St Mirren, Rangers and Aberdeen.

Robinson quit after the 2-0 defeat to Kilmarnock  —  a result which leaves Well tenth in the table, just two points off the bottom.

It’s understood Robbo, who led Motherwell to two cup finals, third place in the Premiership and the Europa League during his four years in charge had been considering his position for a number of weeks.

Even on Thursday morning, Fir Park chiefs tried desperately to talk the ex-Northern Ireland star into staying.

But with his mind made up, the hunt for his successor is now under way.

Tommy Wright, John Robertson and ex-Well ace Derek Adams are among the contenders.

But Lasley and first-team coach Maurice Ross will be given the first opportunity to impress.

With the January transfer window open for business, Well are conscious they will need to move fast.

As well as success on the pitch, Robinson generated over £6million in player sales during his second spell at the club.

He said: “I would like to thank everyone at Motherwell for their support throughout my time here, both as manager and assistant.

“We have qualified for Europe, reached two cup finals and achieved a third-place finish, on top of also developing some wonderful players.

“We cleared the club’s external debt through player sales, cup runs and league positions.

“My goal was always to leave the club in a healthier position. I believe I have done this.

“I now feel it is the time for someone new to take the club forward, as I feel I have taken it as far as I can.”

Do we honestly think we’re going to turn into Brazil under any manager, we are not going to be paying the money for technically accomplished players. Wright was a success because he played to the strengths of averagely gifted but solid, hard working players very much the way Robinson did while we were doing well. I don’t see that changing with us, it’s still going to be one good game, one bad game which I’m guessing is pretty much the history of Motherwell football club.