Welcome to Motherwell Graham Alexander

grizzlyg

I feel for Lasley. You have your 1st game as Manager and you have Chapman in goals and Mugabi in central defence. Like playing with 9 men. In fact it would have been preferable. 

Would love him to succeed as he has the club at heart. But like many on here I think being Assistant Manager makes u part of the problem. 

Tommy Wright would get my support but I feel we need a different direction and TW would be too similar to SR. Would like a young exciting Manager who has fallen on hard times such as G Alexander, Danny Cowley or even Malky Mackay. The latter would be a tough one but if Livingston can appoint someone who had a 6 year prison sentence then....

I was a Robbo fan boy but this seasons signings have been awful. We have had issues with injuries but Accies were missing more 1st team players than us. I like Tony Watt. He at least tries but he is not prolific. Someone up there beside him that could score would be great. 

• Like 2

My heart says avoid Wright as the way his teams at SJ played would make your eyes bleed.

Head says he's the most obvious choice to ensure we're still in the top flight come August. We need someone to grab these guys by the scruff of the neck, get them organised and (hopefully) motivated .

26 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

My heart says avoid Wright as the way his teams at SJ played would make your eyes bleed.

Head says he's the most obvious choice to ensure we're still in the top flight come August. We need someone to grab these guys by the scruff of the neck, get them organised and (hopefully) motivated .

Before today I would have said no to Wright but after today I think I'd say yes.  You'd fancy him to at least keep us up and after that showing at NDP that might be the extent of our ambitions.

You were looking for a reaction today and we got nothing.  We are in BIG trouble.

• Like 1

Would wright really be interested in coming to manage in the same league with a club similar to the one he left and on the same type of budget to try and achieve the same objectives all over again.he is probably the type we need right now but I'm not so sure about him.

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

Would wright really be interested in coming to manage in the same league with a club similar to the one he left and on the same type of budget to try and achieve the same objectives all over again.he is probably the type we need right now but I'm not so sure about him.

I wonder the same. Did Wright not leave StJ to head back over the water to be closer to family? I heard he was living alone over here at the time? 

Malky Mckay on the other hand is a shout, would more or less guarantee Mugabe not playing for us again. 

Redemption stories are nice,  but I don’t want us to be the club that gives the racist his ticket back into management during a period where players are taking a knee to protest racial injustice. I don’t think even our marketing team can pull together a portfolio for that one. He was also up to dodgy dealings with agents fees, so I’m not sure he’s a fit for us. 

12 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

I wonder the same. Did Wright not leave StJ to head back over the water to be closer to family? I heard he was living alone over here at the time? 

Malky Mckay on the other hand is a shout, would more or less guarantee Mugabe not playing for us again. 

Aye your right,his family had stayed in ireland while he was over here,which I'm sure was one of the main reasons he had for wanting a break,i think his relationship with the st johnstone chairman had turned sour over his playing budget which was also a factor.

The goalkeeping situation is very concerning, if Carson is out for a while we will be up the Swanny,  as Chapman needs to leave never mind a second chance.

PJ Morrison I am still not convinced, I am not sure how he performed with Falkirk, I know he had a few clean sheets but just got this feeling he is not ready for the Premier League, I hope I am proved wrong.

2 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Regardless of who comes in we appear to have a number of players who  are unwilling to give their all for the club. That puts us in a really worrying position. I feel for Lasley, this opportunity couldn’t have arose at a worse time for him. 

Aye there's been a couple of times recently where robinson alluded to certain players are unwilling to give there all and then lasley said something similar today.it sounds like there could be a few rather than maybe 2 or 3,that is definately a worry,hopefully we can get as of them out the door this month as possible.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

The goalkeeping situation is very concerning, if Carson is out for a while we will be up the Swanny,  as Chapman needs to leave never mind a second chance.

PJ Morrison I am still not convinced, I am not sure how he performed with Falkirk, I know he had a few clean sheets but just got this feeling he is not ready for the Premier League, I hope I am proved wrong.

Until Carson is fit then Morrison should be playing , that's the only way we will know if he is premiership level, plus we have no other options as that clown Chapman should never play again after that embarassing horror show yesterday.

16 hours ago, Shaka said:

For me, Danny Cowley is the man Id want out of all available coaches at the mo. Did an Incredible job at Lincoln City & rescued Huddersfield from the drop. Has a phenomenal knowledge of the English Lower Leagues too! 

....and unfortunately for those reasons, he'll be in line for any number of jobs down south and nowhere near us. 

13 hours ago, ropy said:

I can’t even remember what McGinley is like, not seem enough of him but could he not have been tried at left sided central defence.

First sub being White was a resignation.

Accept that we don't know how he is faring in training nor what his attitude is like but at the time of his signing there was fan fare around him being an accomplished left centre back.

Something must be wrong if he is behind Mugabi and Lamie in the pecking order--- as now seems to be the case.

24 minutes ago, livivoice said:

Accept that we don't know how he is faring in training nor what his attitude is like but at the time of his signing there was fan fare around him being an accomplished left centre back.

Something must be wrong if he is behind Mugabi and Lamie in the pecking order--- as now seems to be the case.

He's clearly not a centre half. He has no aggression in his play, physicality or defensive instinct. His individual performance against Hibs is the by far the worst so far of the three jokers who we have replaced Hartley with.

18 hours ago, star sail said:

Would never want to see McLeish anywhere near our club again. 

Talk about a manager wasting money on transfers, there is your man. 

A media darling whose reputation far outstripped his ability. Ruined a decent Motherwell team, and  was heading the same way with Hibs. There was horror stories of player indiscipline at Rangers and yet he managed to maintain a good reputation in the Scottish game. His second spell as Scotland manager I think is a fair reflection of his capability. 

Totally agree. 

My top 3 would be Simo Valakari (we’ve already approached) however he’s just recently moved a few months back.

Ian Holloway, good manager at high levels will have some very good contacts and has always good the best out of teams usually. 

Graham Alexander, relatively young and ambitious with fresh ideas, probably unfairly sacked by Salford this season with them in play off spots, will have knowledge of the Scottish game, had a decent start to managerial career and could be a stepping stone.

9 minutes ago, supermarv said:

My top 3 would be Simo Valakari (we’ve already approached) however he’s just recently moved a few months back.

Ian Holloway, good manager at high levels will have some very good contacts and has always good the best out of teams usually. 

Graham Alexander, relatively young and ambitious with fresh ideas, probably unfairly sacked by Salford this season with them in play off spots, will have knowledge of the Scottish game, had a decent start to managerial career and could be a stepping stone.

We have already approached Simo about THIS job? 

46 minutes ago, Shaka said:

We have already approached Simo about THIS job? 

It's standard practice at Motherwell every time we need a new manager, the  1st thing that happens is the automatic email sent to Valakari, Nijholt, etc to see if they are interested in the job.