Welcome to Motherwell Graham Alexander

grizzlyg

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

As one of Robbo's biggest fans that was quite a tough read.

A man who gave his absolute all to this club. Some of the abuse he took on here from certain individuals was/is shameful.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just paper talk probably and I know little of English football but it seems odd that Alexander has been mentioned as one of the frontrunners A bit of a left field candidate with question marks over him. At first sight doesn't seem to fit the kind of candidate I thought we'd be looking for. 
On another tack  Declan Gallagher's comments are interesting and hints at a kind of split in the dressing room. From the little I know he seems to be one of those who care.

Aye about Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Aye about Celtic emoji848.pngemoji2357.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF the Rancid article is true, then yes its at odds with what he said elsewhere. As club captain, it would be very easy for him to come out and clarify his position. In fact that's what is required.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

As one of Robbo's biggest fans that was quite a tough read.

A man who gave his absolute all to this club. Some of the abuse he took on here from certain individuals was/is shameful.

I agree with this 100%. One of the downsides to the Internet age is that people can hide behind forums and post anonymously with little to no repercussions or consequence. 

It gives a voice to a minority that can then influence a mood or sporting landscape more than the reality reflects. 

When you actually look at the brief summary of Robinsons achievements, posted by the club itself, it his hard to marry the reality with the criticism ( and on rare occasions abuse) that has been a feature on this forum. 

Two Cup Finals, a 3rd place finish, European football, a strong financial balance sheet. Hold you head high SR. 

It would be interesting to look under a microscope at the daily business of some of the vocal anonymous critics and see if they too could hold their head high. 

This is a culture that is not going to go away and any manager good or bad will have a 2-3 year shelf life. 

I think we will look back on Robinson's time as some  of the better in Motherwell's history. 

The managers change. The critics are ever present. 

• Like 5

Keith Lasley was one of my favourite players and he was a terrific servant to the club but I don't think he's the man for this job.

IMO there's been far too much of the old boys club at FP recently with ex-players being found jobs at the drop of a hat.  It's supposed to be a professional football club not a bloody welfare charity!!

9 hours ago, Shaka said:

Whats the basis for this? Just curious

IMO, it’s completely the wrong time for a manager with a lack of top level experience (which he has). His experience centers around lower league English football as a player and manager which again indicates that’s the market that Foyle Et al like to play in and one which I’ve posted multiple times elsewhere on this forum has lead to a failed club strategy; which has landed us in this situation. 

2 hours ago, Kmac said:

IMO, it’s completely the wrong time for a manager with a lack of top level experience (which he has). His experience centers around lower league English football as a player and manager which again indicates that’s the market that Foyle Et al like to play in and one which I’ve posted multiple times elsewhere on this forum has lead to a failed club strategy; which has landed us in this situation. 

Micky Melon was the same and he is doing not too bad a job at Dundee Utd.

19 hours ago, Shaka said:

Wasntva dig at Robbo. Just saying Watt & Wright worked well together therr so there should be no issue working together here

“.....it could be argued that Tommy Wright was the man who revived TonyWatt's career and not the fabled Robbo.”

looks like a dig to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack said:

Micky Melon was the same and he is doing not too bad a job at Dundee Utd.

Melon was going to a side just promoted that was already carrying some momentum and was seeking to add to a squad rather than give it a boot up the arse/re-structure it/save it from relegation. 

2 minutes ago, star sail said:

Scott Mullen on BBC Sport Scotland saying four candidates including Lasley will be interviewed in the he next two days with the new man being in the dugout by the weekend. 

Lasley and 3 others so who are the three? 

Sorry, don't know how to post the link from the BBC. 

Motherwell: Scottish Premiership club to interview four candidates for manager's job - BBC Sport

think Tommy Wright and graham Alexander were mentioned earlier, no idea who the 3rd candidate is

14 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Of the 4 quoted my preference’s are 

Alexander

Grayson 

Wright

Las

If it was the start of a season and Robbo had left for another club then I’d probably been willing to give Las a chance but too much is at stake now. 

would agree with that, of the 4 Alexander is the most experienced with probably a good contact network in the lower leagues in England which to be fair is the market we will be buying from

• Like 1