Welcome to Motherwell Graham Alexander

grizzlyg

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

I remember playing for Holytown Colts against Motherwell Bridgeworks many times back in the late 80's/early 90's. The Bridgeworks pitch was angled at halfway, so you could play a pass literally straight down the line and the ball would either be 3 or 4 yards out, or 3 or 4 yards infield depending the way you were facing. If the goalies punted it and nobody got a touch, the ball would roll out for a bye kick halfway between the goal and corner flag instead of rolling thro to the other keeper  :lol:

and its nick name was ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,     the san giro   and there captain was the  one n only mr Hilton Brady     now  we could be doing with him playing with us very nice guy BUT ffs he would kick his granny AND  grampa   hahhh anyway back on topic i also heard it was alexander with lasley as assisant,  for now to see how it goes 

7 minutes ago, smiddy said:

and its nick name was ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,     the san giro   and there captain was the  one n only mr Hilton Brady     now  we could be doing with him playing with us very nice guy BUT ffs he would kick his granny AND  grampa   hahhh anyway back on topic i also heard it was alexander with lasley as assisant,  for now to see how it goes 

Love these exclusives....

Not having a dig but I heard it would be Alexander etc etc. 

None of the red tops have surprisingly got any news this morning so surprised some fans have. Don’t know who Onthefringes is but I think his handle is a bit of a giveaway so I would tend to believe his / her comments are. Others.......

2 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Love these exclusives....

Not having a dig but I heard it would be Alexander etc etc. 

None of the red tops have surprisingly got any news this morning so surprised some fans have. Don’t know who Onthefringes is but I think his handle is a bit of a giveaway so I would tend to believe his / her comments are. Others.......

well it came from within

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Until we have a picture of someone holding a well scarf over their head, beside a nice railway bridge then its not official.

but as i said before         alexander is stuck at the bridgrworks gates   till its anounced at  12  hahhah

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Getting the feeling it's going to be Tommy Wright despite the bookies going short odds on Alexander. ..

I hope not, for me he is too similar to Robinson and teaming up with Lasley  will only add to that. A fresh approach is required, so for me I hope its Alexander.

Just now, Spiderpig said:

I hope not, for me he is too similar to Robinson and teaming up with Lasley  will only add to that. A fresh approach is required, so for me I hope its Alexander.

None of the names thrill me, as I've already said on here. Whoever it is has a massive job on their hands. Just a gut feeling that it's going to be Wright. Not based on any information ..

I agree with the sentiment that Wright is probably the safest bet, but that Alexander is the most exciting/refreshing. Decent footballing pedigree, decent amount of successful management experience, and a bit of an unknown quantity in Scotland to keep it interesting. The more that time passes the more I feel it won't be him however, wouldn't be surprised to see a picture of Lasley under a railway arch in the next hour or so.

Often you don’t get your 1st choice. 

You offer them the job and they think about the circumstances, resources, potential and decide they will get better opportunities. I have done it myself and when hiring have had people stay in current role or move to another opportunity.

Assuming it is Wright or Alexander Motherwell will be the biggest club they will have managed. Not by a lot granted but I always recall the time Wright bemoaning the coverage Motherwell got when we were successful v St Johnstone successful period. I think it was Tommy Wright. 

Worse case scenario is you offer 1st choice and they say no. Second choice now know they are second choice and...

Plus any successful candidate would need to agree terms and also discuss with family etc. Theses things take time.

Although judging by OTFringes we may yet get to hear later this evening, would think if it was not before 7pm they would be as well waiting until tomorrow morning.