Welcome to Motherwell Graham Alexander

grizzlyg

18 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Liar, liar pants on fire. 

I'm serious. I'd rather watch teams try to play a bit of football and fail than set up to team just to stop the opposition.

I have zero interest in anti-football tactics.

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Does that include the season they won the Scottish Cup?

Not sure why I'd be bothered watching St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup, but as far as Motherwell are concerned, I've been watching them for about 50 years with zero expectation of winning anything.

The best I hope for is some entertainment and at least an attempt at some decent football. I know that doesn't always happen, but if the manager's philosophy is to intentionally adopt a negative anti-football style of play, I would stop watching. I only get to see the vast majority of the games on the MFC stream anyway, and that already diminishes the experience without adding to the misery with donkey ball.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Not sure why I'd be bothered watching St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup, but as far as Motherwell are concerned, I've been watching them for about 50 years with zero expectation of winning anything.

The question was whether you'd accept Tommy Wright as manager if he could deliver a cup win. Obviously no guarantee of that, and obviously you wouldn't. If he does get the job he probably won't be the popular choice, but I doubt you'll find many folk who'd rather see us relegated than have him at Fir Park. 

My opinion is a few are saying Wright played anti football.   When Robbo took over our style was brutal to watch, it got us to 2 cup finals but wasn't pretty.    I want Alexander to get job but I dont think it is a disaster if Wright got it.  As long as new manager promotes youth and has look at that set up also.    Ps  not keen on grayson,  we should just tell him to Shut That Door!!.....and has potential for Bridge over troubled water

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Welcome to Motherwell, Mr Alexander...best of luck

Has Rab McKinnon congratulated him on twitter yet ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I'd rather be relegated than watch a season's worth of St Johnstone-esque football.

I remember watching Jim MacLean's United teams and our own wee Tommy's early sides. Absolutely dire to watch but they worked. United fans loved watching their heroes take a horrendous pummelling for 89 minutes and then stage a last gasp smash and grab act to take 3 points.

6 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Hearing chat that Alexander is bringing in his own assistant,  with Lasley becoming reserve team manager,  Mo Ross will be leaving the club.

So if true we are getting  a fresh approach after all, onwards and upwards.

Wonder if hes taking his coaching videos and spreadsheets with him

1 minute ago, santheman said:

i wont miss him anyway  i always thought he was just working his ticket to his big team RANGURS

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

• Like 1

Doing a little reading on GA and the Salford fans seem to think that he was a decent enough guy who's teams did not play particularly attack minded football. His home record was relatively poor apparantly (away form was good) and he had a natural tendency to be defensive minded in his approach. A suggestion that he did not get the most out of a fairly expensive squad. 

Also listened to his last couple of post match interviews with Salford and it sounded not dissimilar to Robinson latterly. Complaints of players not doing the basics properly (I think Robinson term was the right to play football) and poor decision making. 

Having said that, there was no character assassinations suggesting he was a total dud. If anything most fans wished him well and thought he might shine at a club that would be a better fit. Will we be that better fit? Time will tell. If he is to be our new man I wish him all the very  best 

10 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Hearing chat that Alexander is bringing in his own assistant,  with Lasley becoming reserve team manager,  Mo Ross will be leaving the club.

So if true we are getting  a fresh approach after all, onwards and upwards.

Chris Lucketti has been Alexander's assistant most of his managerial career. Pity about Mo Ross, and not surprised Las staying for the sake of the old boys club