Season 2020’21: Game 20: Hamilton (A)

Andy_P

19 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

i cant believe they said to Lasley next 4 games!Christ one is against Rangers and another against Aberdeen,getting pumped the day of the most winnable game!Burrows should get himself in front of the cameras and tell us wtf was his thinking behind this.Lucky fans are not at the games cause too many players free riding not giving a flying f--k.

Don’t believe what you read in the Sun of all gutter press. We’ll make an appointment as soon as we can. Having said that, it would be refreshing to hear from Burrows or the Board, particularly on the back of such a dire display today. 

As for the game. Not much to be said. No response whatsoever to Robinson departing and has often been the case this season, Watt was the only one that performed to an acceptable level. Hopefully we can get the keeper punted, no harm to the boy but he was signed at a time when we were looking for a cheap backup option that would hopefully never need to play.

Utterly abject.

Whether you have  a day or a month to prepare for a game if you have a goalkeeper who gets beaten at his near post with a fairly routine shot, and almost jumps out the way of a shot hit virtually straight at him, you are on to a hiding to nothing. And that's before you get to defenders losing the ball in the air and strikers that have gone 180 minutes without finding the net against the worst defence in the league.

If Accies had anything about them they could have easily matched or surpassed that 5-0 from a couple of seasons ago.

There have been a number of games where we've shot ourselves in the foot, spells in games where we've looked a bit sorry for themselves when it hasn't gone our way, but that was a perfect storm showing virtually nothing, gifting goals and just looking like they didn't want to be there. Piss, piss poor!

• Like 3

Main worry now is if we give Las the next 3 games, we end up further adrift and little chance for a new manager to make changes during the transfer window. I have watched that today and have been left wondering what manager would want to take over with the goal of keeping us up with that shower of crap.

Clear out needed but who is going to take them.

Mugabi is a bombscare, h ecan have a decent game one week then crap for the next 3.

Grimmy probably needs to move on now.

O'Donnell I imagine will be away if he want to keep his Euro dream alive

Hastie needs to be sent packing

If Seedorf can't get ahead of Hastie then bye bye.

Polworth either needs to step up or leave

Cole, Long not doing the job and shouldn't have been brought back.. Especially Long.. he's only here cos he didn't get any other offers.

I love Carson but think that the injury earlier in the season has probably done him. So not sure how much we can rely on him for the rest of the season, Chapman not good enough so we either need to use PJ orget another keeper in.

Big job now for whatever sucker gets the job.

• Like 2

Just now, steelboy said:

We have no fit goalkeeper worth a start, only one center half who isn't a joke and not a single goal scorer in the squad. 

It's completely down to the negligence of Robinson and the jokers who enabled him. If we finish below this Accies team heads will have to roll. 

To say we have no quality in the squad is simply not true, unless you think none of the above players already mentioned have any quality, these are players that got us to third last season and are internationals. They are not playing well, confidence has hit the floor, we need to strengthen, and the established players need to do better, but the cupboard is certainly not empty. Many other teams at this level would bite your hand off for a good half dozen of our first choice 11. 

1 minute ago, Yodo said:

When  is the light coming on for u ,look your farewell banners were a nice tribute to your God but this shitfest is all down to him and his signings 

Robinson is in the past. He's been gone what, 72 hours now.  Just how long are you going to keep harking back to events that have been and gone.  It's all about the here and now.

That's how it works right? :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yodo said:

When  is the light coming on for u ,look your farewell banners were a nice tribute to your God but this shitfest is all down to him and his signings 

Already stated the players I feel are good enough, if you disagree and feel Campbell, Carson, Gallagher, O’Donnell, Watt and the likes are all rubbish that’s your prerogative.

2 minutes ago, smiddy said:

who signed the shite ????    and  realised on wed just how shite they were   then bailed to leave it to ????????????

I don't think it's just down to robinson tho. I think our problems run alot deeper than the manager.

1 minute ago, Andy_P said:

Robinson is in the past. He's been gone what, 72 hours now.  Just how long are you going to keep harking back to events that have been and gone.  It's all about the here and now.

Only when we are shot of all the dross he signed. 

As long as White, Mugabi, Lamie and Grimmy are around Robinson will linger. 

We're all wise in hindsight, but looking back we should have parted company with Robinson some weeks ago, as he's left us in some mess.  Had we done so we could have had a new man in place, before the window opened. As it is we have to get the right man but he has to be in place within a fortnight I'd say, to allow him some breathing space to make personnel changes. 

I do feel for Las as he had limited scope to change things today, but on the evidence of this afternoon he hasn't been able to make any positive noticeable difference.  I'm pretty certain the recruitment process will already be underway and we're lucky to have seen what he can and cannot do in game 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy_P said:

Yer right Robinson is in the past so is the 3rd place finish and the two cup finals . However what is remaining with us at the moment is the legacy Robinson has left us which is a team full of shite 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

i dont see eye to eye with yodo  but ffs he possibly has a point were still talking about robbo cause were still getting pumped with the players he signed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Which one of them is a match winner?

Either the cupboard is totally bare of quality as you state, or it’s not. It’s not about match winners and more about leaders on my view. There is a lot of anger just now, I’m not happy myself, but looking at the players we have logically there is still plenty to build on.

3 minutes ago, Blakey said:

I don't think it's just down to robinson tho. I think our problems run alot deeper than the manager.

yes  your right  but robbo  said martin foyle was doing a great job ?????????

4 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Just now, fizoxy said:

Someone told Mugabi to fill in for Lamie and he took it literally. Gallagher spent half the game marking him in case he fucked up again.

Chapman is bad. Very bad. 

Watt seems to give a fuck. 

When we signed Watt i was like wtf we going to do with him.He looks like he does give a flying fuck better service into him and we might be able to get out this mess.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Only when we are shot of all the dross he signed. 

As long as White, Mugabi, Lamie and Grimmy are around Robinson will linger. 

3 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Yer right Robinson is in the past so is the 3rd place finish and the two cup finals . However what is remaining with us at the moment is the legacy Robinson has left us which is a team full of shite 

2 minutes ago, smiddy said:

i dont see eye to eye with yodo  but ffs he possibly has a point were still talking about robbo cause were still getting pumped with the players he signed 

Note the smiley Gentlemen, note the smiley! Tongue in cheek on my part based on numerous past exchanges.

I supported Robinson to the bitter end, I thought he could turn it around. I still think he could have improved the squad and sorted things out to a degree,  That he didn't have confidence in his abilities suggests that my faith was misplaced. 

I think when our first best eleven is on the park we are better than what we are showing, and I believe with two or three good additions we will show that, but I couldn't possibly argue against the point first game post Robinson our team looked weak both in quality and mentality.

• Like 1

I don’t think Martin Foyle is responsible for Lamie and White, but I assume he had a hand in McGinley, Mugabi, and Chapman. He’s also not responsible for most of the players we’ve made money from, so he needs to go, and we can replace him with some guy off Twitter.

• Haha 1