Season 2020’21: Game 20: Hamilton (A)

Andy_P

Cannae mind the last time Accies scored 3 goals in the league absolutely sickening,Chapman is more of a journeyman boxer than a goalie he would do better with boxing gloves on,Mugabi is a bombscare and the rest have zero confidence and are totally gutless be a miracle if we survive this season.

9 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Robinson is in the past. He's been gone what, 72 hours now.  Just how long are you going to keep harking back to events that have been and gone.  It's all about the here and now.

That's how it works right? :P

He'd be in the past if he took the squad he built with him.

Sadly that's not the case.

I think Lasley is probably not even in the frame now. It’s just a case of getting the right person in, as soon as possible. Wright would not be the worst choice should he want a return to Scottish  football, we would not be the worst choice for him.

5 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I don’t think Martin Foyle is responsible for Lamie and White, but I assume he had a hand in McGinley, Mugabi, and Chapman. He’s also not responsible for most of the players we’ve made money from, so he needs to go, and we can replace him with some guy off Twitter.

i didnt blame martin foyle    i just stated that  in robbos last interview he said  martin foyle was doing a great job      right now i dont think any off them  are doing "a great job"

I wasn't able to listen today, but  I didn't think it would be 3-0.

I do not believe our develop and sell model will ever lead to a consistently winning team, and today we can reap the rewards.

I think we deluded ourselves that we were 3rd last year. If play had not been shut down with covid Aberdeen would have finished 3rd, and Hearts would not have been relegated.

We've retired the debt, great, but we're bankrupt in a football sense. We've got a fair price for players, Turnbull, but the fees have just not been put back into the football side of the business, and I really wonder how many supporters will pay to watch the quality that's bee delivered this season.

3 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

What’s the equivalent of throwing a virtual season ticket on the pitch before walking out?

Tweet them a Gif?

I'd cancel my streaming subscription, but for better or worse, it's my weekly homesickness cure. I think the team is trying to reverse my decision to move back home though.

7 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Tweet them a Gif?

I'd cancel my streaming subscription, but for better or worse, it's my weekly homesickness cure. I think the team is trying to reverse my decision to move back home though.

Get onboard with Nashville SC, just tell the CEO that you know me and you'll be good.

I can't help but feel losing players like Tait and Hartley have been a bigger loss than we anticipated. It seems that their omission has left a hole in the team.

We have nobody on the pitch to rally the troops and the team seems utterly devoid of passion. Tait was really good at putting in one of those hard challenges when the game needed it, the sort of challenge that added intensity and drive to games when we really needed it. Hartley was an average footballer, but clearly cared about the team and winning and that's what the side is lacking badly. He seemed like a good motivator. The only similar player left is Campbell, but his bite has disappeared and he generally seems like a shell of himself.

I really don't think Gallagher has stepped up to the captaincy very well either, although a good player on his day, he just doesn't come across like a leader to me.

The team is just utterly devoid of any drive and it's blatantly obvious. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

What worried me most today is that the players just didn't seem to even care about what they were doing, and had zero professional pride.

We now have a perfect storm of players who just won't cut it at this level, and complete shitebags who do not care one jot about the future of this football club. Pathetic. 

Is it any wonder that some of the players don't care for the club, and by extension, the paying fans? This is surely a consequence of the model that the club has adopted. Our biggest selling point seems to be that we can put them in the shop window so that they can further their careers. So, we have short-term contracts and loans. It has nothing to do with playing for the Jersey and wanting Motherwell to be  successful. It is all about the individuals now, not the team.  The guys that seem to care are those that have an affinity for the club; Campbell, Grimshaw and Watt. Campbell may have lost some of his mojo, but so would anyone after battling alone in midfield for so long.

• Like 2

I think the reason Las will be in charge for the next 3 games is not to let him prove he’s the man for the job but because

1. Rightly or wrongly,  we hadn’t planned for Robinson going so we have no one lined up. 
2. It will take a week or so to get and go through CV’s. 
3. In the present COVID circumstances, interviews will take time. 

So starting him after the Aberdeen game on the 23rd is possibly the earliest date unless we have someone in mind or had already been in discussions with them. 

This and i mean the Accies team is one of the worst Spl sides i have ever seen and they pumped us.No fight in us other than Watt  and at least Grimshaw tries his best,Gallacher,O'Donnell and Campbell will be out the door by end of January and its time to invest in some quality or embrace the championship

13 minutes ago, MFCL84 said:

Is it any wonder that some of the players don't care for the club, and by extension, the paying fans? This is surely a consequence of the model that the club has adopted. Our biggest selling point seems to be that we can put them in the shop window so that they can further their careers. So, we have short-term contracts and loans. It has nothing to do with playing for the Jersey and wanting Motherwell to be  successful. It is all about the individuals now, not the team.  The guys that seem to care are those that have an affinity for the club; Campbell, Grimshaw and Watt. Campbell may have lost some of his mojo, but so would anyone after battling alone in midfield for so long.

Agreed. I said last season the model and the way it works had made us far too individualistic. Chris Long in particular is a prime example of this. We are no longer sold as a club that a player can have a collective achievement with over a period of time. We are now merely a stepping stone and that strategy has come home to roost.