Season 2020’21: Game 20: Hamilton (A)

Andy_P

13 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

I think the reason Las will be in charge for the next 3 games is not to let him prove he’s the man for the job but because

1. Rightly or wrongly,  we hadn’t planned for Robinson going so we have no one lined up. 
2. It will take a week or so to get and go through CV’s. 
3. In the present COVID circumstances, interviews will take time. 

So starting him after the Aberdeen game on the 23rd is possibly the earliest date unless we have someone in mind or had already been in discussions with them. 

I think Ross County handled their change well  but ruthlessly. That's not to say they got the right man in John Hughes though. They decided to fire Kettlewell in December but before doing so identified 2 or 3 targets and moved quickly. An almost seamless change. That gave their new manager the full window to effect change. 

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think Ross County handled their change well  but ruthlessly. That's not to say they got the right man in John Hughes though. They decided to fire Kettlewell in December but before doing so identified 2 or 3 targets and moved quickly. An almost seamless change. That gave their new manager the full window to effect change. 

Exactly we need a new manager end of this week to have some sort of chance to get players he wants in.I have a feeling just a feeling we might see Stuart McCall turn up until end of the season.

5 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Having been fuming with anger at some of the performances in the last couple of months, I’m afraid to say that my instinctive reaction when the first goal went in today was to laugh. That’s how low things have become 

It certainly is when you see Chapman’s attempts to save them.

20 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Exactly we need a new manager end of this week to have some sort of chance to get players he wants in.I have a feeling just a feeling we might see Stuart McCall turn up until end of the season.

Really disagree with you, we need to get it right. RC’s chairman can afford to get it wrong as he will foot the bill if they get relegated but we don’t have that luxury. 
As for McCall, he inherited a decent squad from auld “integrity “ Broon - he doesn’t have that this time and I fear could get us relegated. 

As the old saying goes, act in haste, repent at leisure. 

32 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Last two times McCall was at Fir Park he was utter pish at Motherwell and utter pish at Rangers.  He'd probably resign Simon Ramsden.

Naw x 1,000,000.  

34 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Really disagree with you, we need to get it right. RC’s chairman can afford to get it wrong as he will foot the bill if they get relegated but we don’t have that luxury. 
As for McCall, he inherited a decent squad from auld “integrity “ Broon - he doesn’t have that this time and I fear could get us relegated. 

As the old saying goes, act in haste, repent at leisure. 

Thank christ I've read someone else saying this about McCall. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

Thank christ I've read someone else saying this about McCall. 

McCall is very similar to Robinson.  Over a 4 year period had a great win rate (+40%) but his final season was dreadful and ran out of ideas.
Did the same with Bradford, 3 times over.
A wide berth should be given

Nothing would surprise me with mccall giving how we like bringing back ex employees,but it would be a definite no from me,good fit last time around but not this time.the sun(I know)are saying steve evans and John robertson are being considered.

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

They had 1 win in 15 or something.  They were probably looking realistically at a managerial change for a while before it happened.

With us I think the club would have supported Robinson and he's taken them a bit by surprise in resigning.

Just watched the highlights. That fucking clown in goal should never play for us again. The first 2 goals were some of the worst "goalkeeping" Ive ever seen

Jake Carroll had a shocker too. Wee Allan just looks haunted. And for his detractors, (and I know it was highlights) Polworth was our best player by a mile!