Season 2020’21: Game 20: Hamilton (A)

Andy_P

Just brought myself to watch the TV "highlights" of yesterday's game and they weren't what I expected at all. OK Mugabi and Chapman didn't cover themselves in glory but what a disorganised and anonymous midfield we had at the goals. No-one protecting the defence, no-one covering runners. For all his faults, Chapman was left totally exposed. Even if Carson and a decent central defender replacing Mugabi had been playing we'd still have lost. The standard was akin to playing footie in a school playground at break time. 

11 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Time to stop football again as the new wave of COVID is clearly on the rise.  Perfect time to void the season as only Rangers will be upset. :D

You might get your wish, Scottish parliament recalled today and they reckon its tighter restrictions on the way, more in line with the full lockdown last March, can you imagine the response from the blue ugly sister, :)

6 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

...can you imagine the response from the blue ugly sister, :)

We would certainly benefit from a full lockdown. I live around the blue hoards and there would be a meltdown if the season was voided. Although given recent COVID events cancelling the season half way through is better than what they decided to do last season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Would the league not be awarded to Rangers? Dont know if any criteria was ever established,  after last year.

Means we would be in play off... 

Which would surely mean that  one way or another the decision over the appeal against the 6 points awarded to us needs to be made ASAP.

48 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Would the league not be awarded to Rangers? Dont know if any criteria was ever established,  after last year.

Wee Nicola never mentioned anything about football in her statement so unless the shit really hits the fan, the season will go on, so no decision for the shitebags at the SPFL to make., 

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Wee Nicola never mentioned anything about football in her statement so unless the shit really hits the fan, the season will go on, so no decision for the shitebags at the SPFL to make., 

Was there not something decided that if season was half way played , that was enough...might have imagined that tho.

Anyway, not an issue at mo.

If anything did happen re title    , probably be civil disorder on streets .

56 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Half way  would normally be too soon, but as the season is all but over may I be the first to congratulate Glasgow Rangers 2020-21 Premier League Champions.  Also nae luck Ross County your going down. Yogi tried his best. :D

15 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I’d they put it on hold for a bit would give us time to find a new manager. 

Sadly football appears to be immune from COVID rules. I hear a premiership team jetted off to Dubai as soon as the final whistle went the other day. Get the beers in lads. :drinks::sungum:

22 guys running around a park is heehaw compared to supermarkets being absolutely rammed every day. 

Football being on is a definite positive for society in terms of how much it brightens up the lockdown. Even if you are a Motherwell fan , a County fan or (vomit) a Celtic fan. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

22 guys running around a park is heehaw compared to supermarkets being absolutely rammed every day. 

Technically football is breaking the rules, it's now a group of 2 people max from 2 households for exercise / meeting outdoors,  so I guess they have special dispensation.