Lasley out

0Neils40yarder

The keeper wasnt the only one who should be taking a good look at themselves at the goal

Back on point , im disappointed my post from yesterday hasnt made its way across yet

While accepting we have been dropped in it at short notice and options were limited today , surely nobody thinks plodding on with the assistant manager promoted is the way forward to avoid the drop ?

I really thought that we would get some kind of positive reaction from the players but no sign of it so far, you would almost think that Robbo was still in the dugout.

Beginning to think our problems go way beyond what is happening on the park.  Hopefully after 90 mins I will be on to eat my words.

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

I really thought that we would get some kind of positive reaction from the players but no sign of it so far, you would almost think that Robbo was still in the dugout.

Beginning to think our problems go way beyond what is happening on the park.  Hopefully after 90 mins I will be on to eat my words.

Apparently not

20 minutes ago, wellman said:

McGuire made a difference when he came on. though he should have taken the  dead ball kicks .Polworth is going backwards week on week. 

Backwards suggests movement. 

if that was the players showing they’re behind Lasley, they’ve screwed him. 

Based on one performance, it looks like Lasley is more part of the problem than, going forward, part of the solution.

We don't have the time to muck around here so hopefully the search for a truly able replacement is already underway. We can probably write off the chance of taking anything except a pumping from the next three fixtures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The African said:

Based on one performance, it looks like Lasley is more part of the problem than, going forward, part of the solution.

We don't have the time to muck around here so hopefully the search for a truly able replacement is already underway. We can probably write off the chance of taking anything except a pumping from the next three fixtures.

tbf to Las hes only had a day and a half to prepare for a game  so I wouldn't judge him on that but I do agree that I don't see him as our manager going forward.

I think all we can hope for short term is for results to keep us within touching distance of teams round about us until a new manager comes in with new ideas and hopefully some new players.

10 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Lasley is on a hiding to nothing Aberdeen,Rangers and  St Mirren the board should have acted a weeks ago cause it was never ever going to change.Last thing we need is not having anyone until last week of January signing utter last minute dross to get us out this mess.Need someone by end of this week.

I tend to agree. Our Board has been caught napping here. Heard from different sources that Robbo's decision to go wasn't a sudden snap one. The situation had been brewing for a few weeks. Its going to be hard balancing getting the right man and doing so quickly. We can't afford a long drawn out selection process. 

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I tend to agree. Our Board has been caught napping here. Heard from different sources that Robbo's decision to go wasn't a sudden snap one. The situation had been brewing for a few weeks. Its going to be hard balancing getting the right man and doing so quickly. We can't afford a long drawn out selection process. 

In what way have the board been caught napping? He resigned two days ago. You have absolutely no idea what discussions they've already had nor what plans are already in motion. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CoF said:

In what way have the board been caught napping? He resigned two days ago. You have absolutely no idea what discussions they've already had nor what plans are already in motion. 

Its been clear for some time, and yes we're all wise in hindsight, that results on the pitch were very poor. I'm not going to name sources but I believe the situation off the pitch had been brewing beforehand.