Lasley out

0Neils40yarder

15 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Its been clear for some time, and yes we're all wise in hindsight, that results on the pitch were very poor. I'm not going to name sources but I believe the situation off the pitch had been brewing beforehand.

Maybe so, but it's ridiculously premature to say they've been napping. If we're still managerless in two weeks time then that criticism is fair. 

34 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

The gig has come too soon for Lasley. He bleeds claret & amber however, at this time we need an experienced head, not a rookie coach.

He would be well served by working under someone with a different style to broaden his experience.  I would assume the club would suggest keeping the coaching team. 

25 minutes ago, ropy said:

He would be well served by working under someone with a different style to broaden his experience.  I would assume the club would suggest keeping the coaching team. 

A manger from out with the Scottish set up would need some help, so I expect Lasley would still have some role to play. Although, any new boss  may want to bring in their own assistant. 

I think it's harsh to blame Las, even for the goalie who on any other day could have been brilliant. Further, him taking over in the short-term gave him no real chance in picking up a team that couldn't care less whether they win or not. You could always count on him as a player to give everything on the pitch. The fault is at the board level where it must have been obvious that Robbo's time was up, and they didn't have a plan A never mind a plan B. For me there should always be a place for absolute loyalty, even if it's not as the manager. Las has earned that, and for me Crags as well.

11 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

I think it's harsh to blame Las, even for the goalie who on any other day could have been brilliant. Further, him taking over in the short-term gave him no real chance in picking up a team that couldn't care less whether they win or not. You could always count on him as a player to give everything on the pitch. The fault is at the board level where it must have been obvious that Robbo's time was up, and they didn't have a plan A never mind a plan B. For me there should always be a place for absolute loyalty, even if it's not as the manager. Las has earned that, and for me Crags as well.

It's that kind of sentimentality that's put us in this mess 

37 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

That keeper doesn't have a brilliant game in him...he really could be George Weahs cousin.

2 hours ago, Fairhill said:

I don't blame Las for yesterday's fiasco but by the same token there was no evidence that he was capable of turning things around or improving matters. You could take issue with some of his decisions ie personnel and tactics but we're all wise in hindsight.

Yesterday was all about the players for me and how they would react and all it did was show them for what they are absolute spinless,they couldn't even show any sort of professional pride to stop getting spanked by hamilton fucking accies.lasley isn't the answer to our managerial problem though,i can see him being kept on but we badly need a new voice in the dressing room and quick.

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

Yesterday was all about the players for me and how they would react and all it did was show them for what they are absolute spinless,they couldn't even show any sort of professional pride to stop getting spanked by hamilton fucking accies.lasley isn't the answer to our managerial problem though,i can see him being kept on but we badly need a new voice in the dressing room and quick.

Its not right I know, but maybe some weren't prepared to fire themselves up for the vestiges of the old regime as they'd see it. Not saying that was the case but its not inconceivable.

13 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Its not right I know, but maybe some weren't prepared to fire themselves up for the vestiges of the old regime as they'd see it. Not saying that was the case but its not inconceivable.

I totally agree,I think we will only see some kind of reaction when a new manager comes in,no harm to keith but he can't get the job,were in total free fall and giving it to him would be the biggest gamble we could take.

• 1 year later...

I see it’s getting reported Lasley is off to St Mirren as the director of football replacing Tony Fitzpatrick, not a real surprise as I am not sure what he was doing after GA came along apart from sitting up in Phil O’Donnell stand during the game which gave me an impression that GA didn’t rate Keith that much, I might be wrong but was never going to improve his position under GA

St Mirren fans saying that the position on offer is actually more of a General Manager in charge of all club affairs rather than just the football side of things which would need financial and managerial experience which Las obviously doesn't have.

Time will tell I suppose.

I really like having 'Well men around. Suppose bit of an idealist but having guys like Lasley, Hammell around is right up my street.

Appreciate it's a bit of job for the boys but over the years having people like Craggs, Lasley Hammell, Faddy etc who understood and gave a shit about the club is IMO a good thing. 

Always felt Philiben and Kirvokipic got a bit of a raw deal . Bottom line I'd be happy to keep familiar faces around . 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Hinted at this after the last game. Apparently the Salford trainers, backroom staff etc have all been up having a look about before they start in the close season

Good luck to Keith. A real professional and gentleman and a loyal servant to the club. Rumours of him moving on have been rife for some time now and it will benefit him to move on to pastues new. Also seen rumours of backroom changes as Well Well mentions.   

• Like 1