Lasley out

0Neils40yarder

Very best wishes to Keith Lasley on his new venture at St.Mirren.  He played more than 500 games for us since he arrived when he was 19. One of my favourite ‘modern day’ players, Keith always gave 100% and never let us down. One of the most consistent players we’ve ever had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Very best wishes to Keith Lasley on his new venture at St.Mirren.  He played more than 500 games for us since he arrived when he was 19. One of my favourite ‘modern day’ players, Keith always gave 100% and never let us down. One of the most consistent players we’ve ever had. 

I think the past few seasons have shown how much Lasley, Hammell and Craigan contributed by being the long serving core of the  squad. We have missed that recently. 

On 4/14/2022 at 6:14 PM, santheman said:

St Mirren fans saying that the position on offer is actually more of a General Manager in charge of all club affairs rather than just the football side of things which would need financial and managerial experience which Las obviously doesn't have.

Time will tell I suppose.

Everyone needs to start somewhere, and in Scotland there's only a select number of clubs who have the framework and finances in place to offer that kind of job, so he was never going to drop down a division or two.

He has his UEFA B, his A and his Pro Licence, and is studying a Masters of Sport Directorship at Manchester Metropolitan University, so he's preparing himself as best anyone possibly could. Now it's time to see if he can put all of that into action.

Best of luck to him. 

My only fear is that if Alexander doesn't manage to kick on and next season begins in the same way this one has gone since Christmas we'll end up with an entire new backroom staff and manager needing to be hired.

40 minutes ago, David said:

My only fear is that if Alexander doesn't manage to kick on and next season begins in the same way this one has gone since Christmas we'll end up with an entire new backroom staff and manager needing to be hired.

That may not be a bad thing.

I can't see any changes in the short term, unless results on the pitch take a massive and sustained nosedive. Continuity might suffer, but fresh ideas and blood may be what would be required.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David said:

Everyone needs to start somewhere, and in Scotland there's only a select number of clubs who have the framework and finances in place to offer that kind of job, so he was never going to drop down a division or two.

He has his UEFA B, his A and his Pro Licence, and is studying a Masters of Sport Directorship at Manchester Metropolitan University, so he's preparing himself as best anyone possibly could. Now it's time to see if he can put all of that into action.

Best of luck to him. 

Yeah good luck to Las, if anyone deserves success it's him and hopefully we see him back at FP one day with that experience under his belt.

If rumours are true that Alexander is bringing in a new backroom team from Salford then  that's a big thumbs up to him  and a major financial commitment from the boardroom.

My big fear is if the scenario you paint above transpires then the cost of paying up the contracts of an entire backroom team could be astronomical (realising that the costs would be the same for replacing any managerial/coaching staff), allied to scourcing replacements at the most inconvenient time.

Hopefully things work out though as we've seen what changing managers has done for other teams this season.