Sign in to follow this  
0Neils40yarder

Lasley out

15 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Its been clear for some time, and yes we're all wise in hindsight, that results on the pitch were very poor. I'm not going to name sources but I believe the situation off the pitch had been brewing beforehand.

Maybe so, but it's ridiculously premature to say they've been napping. If we're still managerless in two weeks time then that criticism is fair. 

Lasley has to realise that this isn’t the time to take the reins, he would be setting himself up to fail.

34 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

The gig has come too soon for Lasley. He bleeds claret & amber however, at this time we need an experienced head, not a rookie coach.

He would be well served by working under someone with a different style to broaden his experience.  I would assume the club would suggest keeping the coaching team. 

25 minutes ago, ropy said:

He would be well served by working under someone with a different style to broaden his experience.  I would assume the club would suggest keeping the coaching team. 

A manger from out with the Scottish set up would need some help, so I expect Lasley would still have some role to play. Although, any new boss  may want to bring in their own assistant. 

I think it's harsh to blame Las, even for the goalie who on any other day could have been brilliant. Further, him taking over in the short-term gave him no real chance in picking up a team that couldn't care less whether they win or not. You could always count on him as a player to give everything on the pitch. The fault is at the board level where it must have been obvious that Robbo's time was up, and they didn't have a plan A never mind a plan B. For me there should always be a place for absolute loyalty, even if it's not as the manager. Las has earned that, and for me Crags as well.

11 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

I think it's harsh to blame Las, even for the goalie who on any other day could have been brilliant. Further, him taking over in the short-term gave him no real chance in picking up a team that couldn't care less whether they win or not. You could always count on him as a player to give everything on the pitch. The fault is at the board level where it must have been obvious that Robbo's time was up, and they didn't have a plan A never mind a plan B. For me there should always be a place for absolute loyalty, even if it's not as the manager. Las has earned that, and for me Crags as well.

It's that kind of sentimentality that's put us in this mess 

• Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

That keeper doesn't have a brilliant game in him...he really could be George Weahs cousin.

2 hours ago, Fairhill said:

I don't blame Las for yesterday's fiasco but by the same token there was no evidence that he was capable of turning things around or improving matters. You could take issue with some of his decisions ie personnel and tactics but we're all wise in hindsight.

Yesterday was all about the players for me and how they would react and all it did was show them for what they are absolute spinless,they couldn't even show any sort of professional pride to stop getting spanked by hamilton fucking accies.lasley isn't the answer to our managerial problem though,i can see him being kept on but we badly need a new voice in the dressing room and quick.

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

Yesterday was all about the players for me and how they would react and all it did was show them for what they are absolute spinless,they couldn't even show any sort of professional pride to stop getting spanked by hamilton fucking accies.lasley isn't the answer to our managerial problem though,i can see him being kept on but we badly need a new voice in the dressing room and quick.

Its not right I know, but maybe some weren't prepared to fire themselves up for the vestiges of the old regime as they'd see it. Not saying that was the case but its not inconceivable.

13 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Its not right I know, but maybe some weren't prepared to fire themselves up for the vestiges of the old regime as they'd see it. Not saying that was the case but its not inconceivable.

I totally agree,I think we will only see some kind of reaction when a new manager comes in,no harm to keith but he can't get the job,were in total free fall and giving it to him would be the biggest gamble we could take.

Be curious to see how he handles the Goalkeeper situation cause after that shower on Saturday surely Morrison  should get a shot in goals.That call in itself will see what he is made of.