Season 2020’21: Game 21: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

Chapman and Mugabi can’t play for us again if the club want to stay in the division. 

Who knows what version of shambles we can cobble together however. Feels like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

It was unthinkable in our our worst nightmares that we would take zero points from the 3 games v Killie, Accies and St Mirren but that’s what we’re looking at.

3-0 St Mirren

19 minutes ago, smiddy said:

a tell you what,  even at my age i would have saved the first two and not looked like a 6'8"bambi on ice in the 18 yarder 

That wouldnae been hard don't know if that's a good reference or not .So what's yer opinion on Liam Kelly 

2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

That wouldnae been hard don't know if that's a good reference or not .So what's yer opinion on Liam Kelly 

a think kelly would be a steady 6,7 / 10 but am not convinced hes the dominating keper we need as in a gillespie, randolph,ruddy,   but better than  wee dan, gunner or feckin stevie feckin woods

53 minutes ago, smiddy said:

a think kelly would be a steady 6,7 / 10 but am not convinced hes the dominating keper we need as in a gillespie, randolph,ruddy,   but better than  wee dan, gunner or feckin stevie feckin woods

Let's just be grateful Chapman is not playing again.

Presuming potential transfers away from the club are not an issue with tomorrows team selection, I think 8 of the 11 pick themselves with 3 places up for grabs. We'll surely start with, Kelly, O'Donnell, Gallagher, O'Hara, Carroll, McGuire, Campbell and Watt.

The other 3 are far more tricky! Think I'd go with a 3-5-2, play Ohara at the back and bring in McGinley to play with Gallagher in the 3. Polworth (I know...) in with Campbell and McGuire, then Cole (or maybe Long if fit) with Watt. 

1 issue we have is Alexander's preferred formation is 4-4-2, but we have no wingers to play that way. Although I looked back through his teams match history and he does seem to change formations for different opponents. 

I think tomo he will want a solid foundation so You are looking at Kelly / O'Donnell, Gallagher, O'Hara, Carroll. After that Id prob have Campbell & Maguire holding  with Cole, Polworth & Hastie in behind Watt up front. Not ideal as the Cole, Poly, Hastie trio is pretty poor but its all we have.