Season 2020’21: Game 21: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

3 hours ago, Shaka said:

1 issue we have is Alexander's preferred formation is 4-4-2, but we have no wingers to play that way. Although I looked back through his teams match history and he does seem to change formations for different opponents. 

I think tomo he will want a solid foundation so You are looking at Kelly / O'Donnell, Gallagher, O'Hara, Carroll. After that Id prob have Campbell & Maguire holding  with Cole, Polworth & Hastie in behind Watt up front. Not ideal as the Cole, Poly, Hastie trio is pretty poor but its all we have.

Is O'Donnell not out of contract 1st of January?

I would certainly have OHara at the back alongside Gallagher. Has Hastie really showed enough to deserve another start ? Not for me but new manager new ideas so I guess it’s possible. Donnelly back will make a difference because I’m still not convinced that McGuire is the answer and hopefully Carroll gets backup to speed as quickly as possible. He likes a 4-4-2 but I agree it’s difficult with the players we have at the moment, we’ve now lost another wide player in Lang which lowers the options even further.

7 hours ago, Stu92 said:

Swap Watt and Cole, and maybe play Maguire over Crawford and I’d go with that. 

Kelly

O'Donnell dec lamie

Ohara campbell grimmy carrol

Watt cole

White

Need t b stronger on our left hand side n for that reason ive grimmy in there..i dont care wot he does going forward we need t look after lamie or anyone else in that position

With watt looking as one of the few that gives a fuck id have him in behind in a free n°10 roll,hes not scared t muck in in midfield either

I think this could b ugly today so need legs and fight,sadly lacking with polworth 

37 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Kelly

O'Donnell dec lamie

Watt cole

White

Need t b stronger on our left hand side n for that reason ive grimmy in there..i dont care wot he does going forward we need t look after lamie or anyone else in that position

With watt looking as one of the few that gives a fuck id have him in behind in a free n°10 roll,hes not scared t muck in in midfield either

I think this could b ugly today so need legs and fight,sadly lacking with polworth 

That's something else that line up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Wouldnae  win a pub league game in fact half the team wouldnae get a game in the pub league 

Seems we're fucked then,unless the bench have turned into superstars overnight..out of curiosity,which half would u leave out n who would u replace them with?

Edited by spudmfc
More info

15 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Seems we're fucked then,unless the bench have turned into superstars overnight..out of curiosity,which half would u leave out n who would u replace them with?

Well we have had a guy on the bench for most of the season who has over 100 goals to his name and not been given many starts here.

Same guy has been top scorer and 3 different clubs for 6 seasons.

He also scored 2 goals for us but they were disallowed , even Robbo said he will come good for us and had been unlucky.

No reason he cant do it here if given the opportunity imo.

So if I was the new manager and looking over the players he definitely would be in my starting line up because

"If you keep on doing the same thing expecting different results ,that is the definition of insanity.

So I would expect some changes in todays lineup to previous weeks because we havent won a game in the last 10 games.

• Haha 1

How can anyone criticize todays lineup (whatever it may end up being), when the new manager doesn't know what any of them are like?

Any chance he could get a look at them playing so he can decide for himself who needs shipped out? I guarantee he's never even heard of Ricki Lamie or Jordan White, let alone know what their ability is.

Today is a complete write-off...we may need to accept a loss so he knows who needs binned. We should be extremely worried if he's just willing to take someones word for it.

It seems bizarre to me that people are always convinced Robbo's issues were that he'd signed bad players. It could be equally as likely that what he was strugging with, was players who were great in training but found it difficult to transfer that into a full match.

It's not necessarily about shipping players out, because it's not just as simple as players being good or bad. A manager who can look at a player who is performing well at training but poorly in matches, and find a way to help him transfer it across...is infinitely more valuable than a manager that just starts looking for better players.

• Like 3

I hope he has watched our last four games on tape.  That's six hours work that should give him a good idea of what has been happening plus a mornings training.  I hope to see a big reaction from our under performers. Wasn't going to buy the stream but will now to see if there is any immediate difference. 

2 hours ago, spudmfc said:

Kelly

O'Donnell dec lamie

Watt cole

White

God help us.

1 minute ago, sinjy said:

I hope he has watched our last four games on tape.  That's six hours work that should give him a good idea of what has been happening plus a mornings training.  I hope to see a big reaction from our under performers. Wasn't going to buy the stream but will now to see if there is any immediate difference. 

Yeah but what if the performance he sees from a player in those videos, doesn't tie together with what he saw from the player in yesterdays training session, and he believes that he can give the tools to be able to start bringing that level of performance from the training ground into a match?

In short allowing the new coach to, y'know....coach?

13 minutes ago, Al B said:

How can anyone criticize todays lineup (whatever it may end up being), when the new manager doesn't know what any of them are like?

Any chance he could get a look at them playing so he can decide for himself who needs shipped out? I guarantee he's never even heard of Ricki Lamie or Jordan White, let alone know what their ability is.

Today is a complete write-off...we may need to accept a loss so he knows who needs binned. We should be extremely worried if he's just willing to take someones word for it.

I know what your saying, however dont you think he’ll have watched recordings of our last half a dozen games over the last 24/36 hrs ? Not to mention any prep he did for the interview process. I think he’ll have a fair idea with the exception of maybe some of the fringe player who haven’t played much recently. You’ve also got to imagine Las will have a bigger input today than maybe in the weeks going forward. 

Suspect Ohara will come back in and Kelly will make his debut, don’t expect many other changes to be honest, although i hope he brings McGuire into the middle of the park, think he gives us a bit more strength in there which is lacking without Donnelly.