Season 2020’21: Game 21: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

Definitely some positives there. First half was full of endeavour and some neat football at times. The first touch was better than I have seen in a long time, they all had an extra yard in them and a willingness to get involved. Unfortunately, the second half performance was too reminiscent of most of this season. No cohesion, the ball would not stick up top and the midfield were largely spectators.

A lot of work to be done. Let's hope for some new faces to freshen things up, but at least I now have some hope that we can gain some points between now and the end of the season.

Obviously I'd rather have the 3 points than 1, but in many ways the absolutely perfect result for Graham Alexander.  We get a point and move off 2nd bottom spot. Not something I'd have predicted last weekend! More importantly though this sounds like our typical performance this season for our new man to see for himself in his first game - the good and the bad. 

* players showing some skill

* not pressing home our advantage whilst on top

* some players underperforming

* lack of character

* lack of experience/streetwiseness

* late slump

* inability to see a game out

* losing a silly goal

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 'WellMagic! said:

Maybe I'm going bonkers, but what has that penalty got to do with Mugabi? 

I thought it was for Dec putting both arms on Erwin's back. Erwin then takes a tumble to force Madden into making a decision.

gallachers tangling with him and mugabie sweeps his feet/foot away 

Similar to a lot of performances this season,reasonable enough in the first half and then performance levels drop in the second and we can't see it out.a point isn't the worst result  and hopefully we can build on it but we really need our game management to be better if we're going to start picking up better results,as for madden,he has as much love for us as craig thomson,he's a fucking arsehole.

Very encouraging first half and it was refreshing to see us carry a genuine goal threat with all three forwards getting into goal scoring positions. St Mirren had the upper hand in the 2nd half and while it was never a pen, I can’t grumble at a point. 

Baffled by some of the digs at Mugabi, I thought he was very good today and looked to have regained some confidence. O’Hara also impressed despite his early booking.  And while Hastie still has some  way to go, it was nice to see him make a positive contribution. 

I certainly wasn't having a dig at Mugabe for his general play. He had, overall, a very good game. I'll need to see the penalty again, but my initial reaction, even before Madden pointed to the spot, was that Mugabe's challenge was a penalty. 

Just now, Big Wispy Flossy said:

So after all the criticism of mugabi it was given for a foul by Gallagher???

The assumption is that it was given for the swipe from Mugabi, the tussle with Gallagher didn’t appear to be anything 

Just now, Big Wispy Flossy said:

So after all the criticism of mugabi it was given for a foul by Gallagher???

Not in my eyes. As I watched it live, it was all day long for Mugabe's tackle from behind Erwin. I thought that he clipped his heel as he played through him to get to the ball. I'm happy to be corrected, but that is how I saw it at the time.

3 minutes ago, MFCL84 said:

Not in my eyes. As I watched it live, it was all day long for Mugabe's tackle from behind Erwin. I thought that he clipped his heel as he played through him to get to the ball. I'm happy to be corrected, but that is how I saw it at the time.

same here