Season 2020’21: Game 21: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

A satisfactory first half. Much sharper all over the pitch. Got a goal. Missed a couple of opportunities. Liam Kelly has had nothing to do. Still prone to errors which have presented half chances to St. Mirren. Overall though, I'll take that.

Hastie just not getting involved. Must be better alternatives. O'Hara needs to watch himself a bit.....but other than that, everyone seems a yard or two quicker and a lot keener to go forwards.

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The 4-4-2 is working well. We are closing down well and aren't getting isolated in attack as we have for most of this season. 

We haven't exactly clicked in attack but doing the basics well is enough to be ahead. 

That’s because it’s a 4-3-3 :blink: Jock Brown says so...

Just now, grizzlyg said:

Just angers me that same effort wasn't in place previous games. I ain't complaining though.....hopefully start of the GA revolution 

As I said earlier if we play well today with the same players, SR had obviously lost the dressing room, but long may it continue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Just angers me that same effort wasn't in place previous games. I ain't complaining though.....hopefully start of the GA revolution 

I don't think it's the effort - in many games we started ok and lost and early goal which killed us.  Today we started bright and have built upon it.

A new mgr often has this impact. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spiderpig said:

As I said earlier if we play well today with the same players, SR had obviously lost the dressing room, but long may it continue. 

I would say it’s more down to a mix of a loss of confidence and trying to impress the new boss. Personally I never buy into the “ lost the dressing room” line. It’s interesting that Alexandra has also stated there is plenty of quality in the squad, again back to more a lack of confidence. We do however always have a mistake in us and I don’t see that changing anytime soon, I would bite your hand off for that 1-0 to still be 1-0 after another 45 minutes but I doubt very much it will stay that way regardless of who scores.