Season 2020’21: Game 21: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Mugabi didn’t need to go for that but that’s never a penalty in a million years 

But why be so thick as to give the ref a decision. And he does it every game. Never ever learns! You can forgive him doing that once..... as in once, not at least once a match 

Thing is Mugabi just gives the ref a decision to make far to often, it’s not a coincidence it’s just about always him. I’ve no idea how he keeps getting picked given we’ve could put OHara there or go with McGuire.

2 minutes ago, Bert the Sailor said:

Aye blame Mugabi, never touched him and didn’t even look a foul. Madden taking an age to work out if he could get away with giving a penalty for what was clearly nothing. 

Aye blame the ref when Mugabi is a fucking idiot. He didnt need to make an attempt. Do that and you ALWAYS give the ref a decision to make

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert the Sailor said:

Aye blame Mugabi, never touched him and didn’t even look a foul. Madden taking an age to work out if he could get away with giving a penalty for what was clearly nothing. 

Problem is he can’t help himself from jumping in, he’s got absolutely zero composure and never learns.

In terms of successive league matches without a win this is our worst run in at least 10 years.  

We had  1 win in 11 and 4 points the season McCall resigned.  Currently on 0 wins in 10 and 4 points.

Alexander has a lot of work to do.  Next three matches are Rangers, Aberdeen and Ross County.

In truth I would have taken the point before the kick off but again can’t help thinking it’s another two points dropped. Play the second half the way we did the first and we walk it but yet again no consistency, poor decision making, and missed chances cost us. 

The thing is that Mugabe shouldn't have made an attempt to win the ball there. Erwin is facing away from goal surrounded by Motherwell defenders. Swinging a boot at the ball at that point, and I think he hits Erwin's heel, is just the wrong thing to do. A poor decision by Mugabe that has cost us 2 points. A soft penalty, yes, but as soon as I saw it, my reaction was penalty.

• Like 1

Have a degree of sympathy for mugabi in that it wasn't a penalty but he dives in, needlessly and gives the ref a decision to make. First half was bright, second we didn't get going. We dont have any real attacking threats from the bench, no one that we can bring on to try stretch things. A positive first half, moved the ball well. We also defended well for most of the game. Positives to take from the first half. 

A cb and wide man should be top of the list. 

• Like 1