• Jake Hastie
    • Allan Campbell
    • Tony Watt
    • Liam Polworth
    • Devante Cole
    • Jordan White
    • Barry Maguire

1 hour ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Mugabi would have been mine... and as much as it wasn’t a penalty, I don’t think he needs to make the challenge 

He doesn't need to boot the ball away from danger 8 yards out while we are 1-0 up with 8 minutes to go?

What is he meant to do? Genuine question.

I thought Carroll looked much more assured today but clearly still has a bit to go sharpness wise but it will come. I was impressd with O'Hara and he stuck to his task despite the yellow card, albeit he rode his luck at times. Great free kick. 

However, went for the much maligned Mugabi probably just to swim against the tide a bit. Thought he had an excellent first half defensively and his striding purposefully out of defence with the ball is something to behold! Second half I thought he stood up to the increased pressure pretty well. I need to see the pen again, but I didnt see much wrong with it on first viewing.

The guy is still young, and with the right support and playing partner I dont think he is an absolute write off just yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

He doesn't need to boot the ball away from danger 8 yards out while we are 1-0 up with 8 minutes to go?

What is he meant to do? Genuine question.

My reaction live was, ‘he’s dived in a bit when he didn’t need to, with a player back to goal and unlikely to get a shot away, but still not a penalty’... I’ve since seen it back and it’s really really harsh... but I still think a bit more caution is needed with any kind of challenge in the box... everybody knows that players will hit the deck at the slightest opportunity.