2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Welldaft Mk1

Draw is tomorrow at 11am. 

I will not be watching as we will draw a top flight side at home or away. 

Meanwhile Hibs will get a random non league side at Easter Rd followed by a division 2 side in the following round. 

In our Cup stratosphere there are only top flight sides. Is the way it is and always will be......

And to top it all the baldy fud that is Madden will referee the game and award 8 penalties for our players walking on the white lines....

2 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Draw is tomorrow at 11am. 

I will not be watching as we will draw a top flight side at home or away. 

Meanwhile Hibs will get a random non league side at Easter Rd followed by a division 2 side in the following round. 

In our Cup stratosphere there are only top flight sides. Is the way it is and always will be......

And to top it all the baldy fud that is Madden will referee the game and award 8 penalties for our players walking on the white lines....

It will be Hearts or diddy or other diddy, we will find out mid-february

One of the joys of being a supporter of a certain age are the memories of the excitement one used to feel before the old third round draw. The what ifs and what might bes on a possible run in the cup, all the way to Hampden perhaps?

I have to admit that, over time, and with the chances of our success seemingly being ever further squeezed by the way the game is going, that excitement has worn off a fair bit. I sencerely hope that it is just me getting old and that somewhere, out in darkest Lanarkshire, or wherever, there are young Motherwell fans waiting with hope and anticipation for what might be the beginning of something special. I still believe that it is the way it should be.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The African said:

One of the joys of being a supporter of a certain age are the memories of the excitement one used to feel before the old third round draw. The what ifs and what might bes on a possible run in the cup, all the way to Hampden perhaps?

I have to admit that, over time, and with the chances of our success seemingly being ever further squeezed by the way the game is going, that excitement has worn off a fair bit. I sencerely hope that it is just me getting old and that somewhere, out in darkest Lanarkshire, or wherever, there are young Motherwell fans waiting with hope and anticipation for what might be the beginning of something special. I still believe that it is the way it should be.

Aye it’s you just getting old :lol:

• Haha 1

Surprised no one has brought up the issue over Covid with this tie.

Pretty sure both teams will have no testing procedures so are we leaving ourselves open to a potential problem. Will be the same for every SPL team who draw someone from the lower Leagues.

Havent seen anything from the SFA about it anywhere.

1 hour ago, mwellhighland said:

Does this mean people can drop the always a top flight tie chat before the next draw

It was a pleasant surprise for sure. I expect normal service to be resumed next round assuming we get through that is...

It is based on fact, especially in relation to the Betfred Cup. Seeded more often than not and never drawn a lower division side is bordering on the bizarre. 

1 minute ago, livivoice said:

Paul Lawson ex Motherwell is manager at Formatine.

They seem to be a well run club and I understand are bankrolled big time.

Wouldn't say it's a formality that Annan win this tie.

Agree. Annan are bottom half of the 2nd division and appear not to have won in the last five games. 
Still expect them to get through but not a formality. 

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Surprised no one has brought up the issue over Covid with this tie.

Pretty sure both teams will have no testing procedures so are we leaving ourselves open to a potential problem. Will be the same for every SPL team who draw someone from the lower Leagues.

Havent seen anything from the SFA about it anywhere.

I’m sure it was said at the time of the initial draws back in November that any team playing an SPFL team would have to adhere to the same testing regulations in the week leading up to the game.  

From SFA website

• From Round Three onwards, clubs drawn to play against SPFL Premiership teams must comply with the relevant COVID testing regime which applies at that time or as directed by the Scottish FA Board.