2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Welldaft Mk1

• 2 weeks later...

2020/21 Scottish Cup to resume in March

2020/21 Scottish Cup to resume in March
Wednesday 3 March 2021

Following yesterday’s announcement that SPFL League One and Two and Highland League clubs who remain in the competition are permitted to return to play immediately, the Scottish Cup is now set to recommence this month.

The competition will resume on Tuesday, 23 March in order to complete the outstanding ties from the Second Round before the Third Round is played on the weekend of 3 April.

The last two weekends in April will see the Fourth and Fifth Rounds of the competition completed prior to the Semi-Finals which will be held across the weekend of 8 May.

The 2021 Scottish Cup Final will bring the curtain down on the season at Hampden Park on Saturday, 22 May.

The competition will see the introduction of concussion substitutes on a trial basis, following approval by the Scottish FA Board and confirmation by the International Football Association Board [IFAB].

In the event of an actual or suspected concussion, clubs will be allowed to use a maximum of two concussions replacements, regardless of the number of substitutions already made. The opposition will be permitted to make another change at the time a concussion substitution is made.

Ian Maxwell, Scottish FA Chief Executive said: “The Scottish Cup is our flagship competition and we are pleased that the temporary suspension of the lower leagues has now been lifted to allow the matches to resume.

“With the green shoots of hope emerging with the continuing successful rollout of the vaccination programme and the announcement of restrictions easing in the future, the news that the Scottish Cup Final will be played in May at Hampden Park will hopefully come as a further boost to Scottish football fans this week.

“The remaining rounds will be played in quick succession and with the fixtures coming thick and fast as the domestic season comes to a conclusion, the showpiece Scottish Cup Final will once again provide an exciting finale for the Scottish football season.”

Scottish Cup 2020/21 Fixture Dates

Second Round: Tuesday, 23 March
Third Round: Saturday, 3 April
Fourth Round: Saturday, 17 April
Fifth Round: Saturday, 24 April
Semi-Finals: Saturday, 8 & Sunday, 9 May
Final: Saturday, 22 May

Second Round Fixtures

Arbroath v Falkirk
Buckie Thistle v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Brora Rangers v. Heart of Midlothian
Dumbarton v Huntly
Elgin City v Ayr United
Formartine United v Annan Athletic
Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic
Keith v Clyde
Nairn County v Montrose
Partick Thistle v Cowdenbeath
Peterhead v Stenhousemuir
Stirling Albion v Raith Rovers

Third Round Fixtures

Brora Rangers or Heart of Midlothian v Stranraer
Celtic v Arbroath or Falkirk
Dumbarton or Huntly v Aberdeen
Dundee United v Partick Thistle or Cowdenbeath
Dundee v St Johnstone
East Fife v Greenock Morton or Dunfermline Athletic
Elgin City or Ayr United v Keith or Clyde
Forfar Athletic v Edinburgh City
Formartine United or Annan Athletic v Motherwell
Fraserburgh v Nairn County or Montrose
Hamilton Academical v St Mirren
Livingston v Stirling Albion or Raith Rovers
Peterhead or Stenhousemuir v Kilmarnock
Queen of the South v Hibernian
Rangers v Cove Rangers
Ross County v Buckie Thistle or Inverness Caledonian Thistle

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

With Accies winning at the minute, not counting my chickens regarding relegation yet.. 

We should be focusing on grabbing that 7th spot, not worrying about what teams below are doing.

It's all in our own hands. Can't ask for more than that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 2:55 PM, Stuwell2 said:

I’m sure it was said at the time of the initial draws back in November that any team playing an SPFL team would have to adhere to the same testing regulations in the week leading up to the game.  

From SFA website

• From Round Three onwards, clubs drawn to play against SPFL Premiership teams must comply with the relevant COVID testing regime which applies at that time or as directed by the Scottish FA Board.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:55 PM, Stuwell2 said:

I’m sure it was said at the time of the initial draws back in November that any team playing an SPFL team would have to adhere to the same testing regulations in the week leading up to the game.  

From SFA website

• From Round Three onwards, clubs drawn to play against SPFL Premiership teams must comply with the relevant COVID testing regime which applies at that time or as directed by the Scottish FA Board.

Formartine  WON on Pens

10 minutes ago, weeyin said:

My 2 predictions:

- After a tight first 10 minutes we'll win our tie comfortably

- We will not win the cup

Playing it pretty safe there Weeyin :-)

At least it is 3pm on a Saturday. I hope I don’t regret this but always feel long trips midweek under floodlights pose more of a problem. 

Not sure if the BBC stats were correct but it states they only had one shot all evening as did Annan. That cannot be right. If so if we cannot beat a team that only had one shot at goal in 90+ minutes v Annan. 

I wonder if we will offer up a stream in agreement with Formartine. You would imagine so. 

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Not sure if the BBC stats were correct but it states they only had one shot all evening as did Annan. That cannot be right. If so if we cannot beat a team that only had one shot at goal in 90+ minutes v Annan.

I picked that up too Iain. No corners in the game either?? If those stats are true, then I can only assume defences were totally on top.

Joking about Hearts misfortune aside, their result at Brora should serve as a timely warning to us.

So it's Formartine,  let's be honest here they are a part time non league  side who will only have played 2 or 3 games this year by the time they play us after months of a layoff, so it's a nice easy starter for us, we will  pump them. 

Being Motherwell we will probably do it the hard way but in the end it will be a comfortable win and a place in the 4th round. :nod:

11 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I wonder if we will offer up a stream in agreement with Formartine. You would imagine so. 

I saw a post on Facebook this morning saying that streaming details will be released soon, or words to that effect. Given Cup rules on gate split, I wonder if MFC will receive a cut of streaming income?

6 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I saw a post on Facebook this morning saying that streaming details will be released soon, or words to that effect. Given Cup rules on gate split, I wonder if MFC will receive a cut of streaming income?

I was thinking it would be a fairly decent gesture to let Fortmartine keep all 'gate receipts' however I don't imagine they are shy of a few quid?