2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Welldaft Mk1

37 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I saw a post on Facebook this morning saying that streaming details will be released soon, or words to that effect. Given Cup rules on gate split, I wonder if MFC will receive a cut of streaming income?

I would think so Dave. Given under normal circumstances for the cup the gate receipts are split after expenses etc. 

I could see a Motherwell offering up our Streaming expertise (ahem) and split the proceeds. I certainly would buy a stream. As it will have been 3 weeks since last game and Scottish Cup. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I would think so Dave. Given under normal circumstances for the cup the gate receipts are split after expenses etc. 

I could see a Motherwell offering up our Streaming expertise (ahem) and split the proceeds. I certainly would buy a stream. As it will have been 3 weeks since last game and Scottish Cup. 

I believe the streams we use are the BBC feed, and it's a 3rd party platform that hosts them. So not sure we have much to offer except Jock, Lewis and maybe Kirkie.

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

Anyone read or heard anything more on the streaming front for this game?

Some time ago  the club tweeted that information would be put out as soon as possible. Since then.........silence. Formartine United recently asked for volunteers....why?

17 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Some time ago  the club tweeted that information would be put out as soon as possible. Since then.........silence. Formartine United recently asked for volunteers....why?

Leaving it till 3 days before the game ! Even if there is a stream and I hope there is one they are not allowing much time for fans to sign up. 

Not saying they will miss out on 000’s of customers but you can imagine a few will think I will leave it now, especially if it not announced very shortly. 

Seems a little odd to leave it this late. Makes me wonder if the clubs could not reach an agreement ? 

16 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Leaving it till 3 days before the game ! Even if there is a stream and I hope there is one they are not allowing much time for fans to sign up. 

Not saying they will miss out on 000’s of customers but you can imagine a few will think I will leave it now, especially if it not announced very shortly. 

Seems a little odd to leave it this late. Makes me wonder if the clubs could not reach an agreement ? 

Obviously it would be good to know if we can watch the game but I can't the imagine the lack of announcement by now will put people off.

surprised one of Burrows fan boys on twitter aren't at his front door looking for an answer.

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

It takes all of about two minutes to sign up and buy the game. There's no rush.

Aye, I'm not worried about signing up, just wondered if it was actually happening. I know how these things go sometimes.

Any views on the possible line up for tomorrow?  Should Gallagher (lack of game time?) or Mugabi come back. Any possibility of some long term injured players, like Donnelly, making an appearance from the bench?  A chance for players like Lawless to start? Maybe  time to give a youngster a chance?

Formartine United have hardly played in the last year so you'd imagine they'll be fired up but a bit ring rusty. 

We should probably keep the core of the team from recent games, but make one or two changes as the scoerline allows.   Get ahead comfortably first then change things. 

https://www.facebook.com/FormartineUnitedFC1948/posts/1121809098260957

I noticed Formartine United were selling a programme for tomorrows game it was advertised via their Facebook page. Just thought it would be of interest to some folk.

Quite gutted to be missing this fixture, missed out on the rare jolly over a decade ago to Inverurie due to adverse weather. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Mugabi and Gallagher back in at the back with pretty much the rest of the side unchanged. It would also be nice to see a few of the injured players make a return or an actual appearance.

16 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

A cup run would be a welcome boost to what has been a disappointing season.  COYW

Look on the bright side, least we are still in the cup in April, a rare feat these days.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

We should probably keep the core of the team from recent games, but make one or two changes as the scoerline allows.   Get ahead comfortably first then change things. 

Absolutely. We should be starting with our strongest 11 possible and trying to get the game won as comfortably as we can. It’s a. Cup tie, therefore it’s a must win game so we treat it accordingly. After the Killie debacle I’d be bringing Gallagher back in, hopefully he’ll feel like he has a point to prove.

That said I will never underestimate our capacity to make a pigs ear of any game, especially a Cup tie but I think we’ll be fine tomorrow and if we get an early goal we should win with a bit to spare.

4 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Just signed in to regular place and it says live video for overseas and live audio for uk. It looks like it is available   Haven’t clicked play button yet ........ just did and it tells me event will be live in United States in 22 mins 

You might be right, but from memory, they said exactly the same thing for the Euro game and when you clicked the button it said "you need to buy a ticket on the PPV site".

5 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Just signed in to regular place and it says live video for overseas and live audio for uk. It looks like it is available   Haven’t clicked play button yet ........ just did and it tells me event will be live in United States in 22 mins 

Some of your cash needs to go to Formartine so pay up.