2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Welldaft Mk1

12 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Indian food is mentioned in my house every day as Mrs Grizzly says she is fed up with my Chatt!!....ba boom 

jesus christ grizzly she must be a strong minded wummin ,,, listenin to your shit patter aw day, a hope for her sanity you dont work from home :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Always away from home to a Premiership team and the Old Firm always getting an easy ride to the final 

Except when we’re drawn at home to a lower league club and they’re drawn against each other in Round 5 meaning one of them will be out before the Quarter Finals though, eh?

It’s a good draw for us and potentially a great opportunity to get to the Semis. One game at a time though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I’ll say it first.. we won’t have a better chance of reaching yet another final. Apart from the gruesome twosome who meet in the next round, every other side left in the competition are beatable. Hampden here we come! :ph34r:

That’s the sort of Cup scenario where Motherwell typically fuck up.

But I agree with you, we have a good chance of getting to the semis at least here. Obviously we need to take care of Morton first but realistically we should, we are a better team than them. Then if we get past them at in all likelihood play Hibs at Easter Road, we’ve shown that we can win there this season. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t fancy our chances.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

That’s the sort of Cup scenario where Motherwell typically fuck up.

But I agree with you, we have a good chance of getting to the semis at least here. Obviously we need to take care of Morton first but realistically we should, we are a better team than them. Then if we get past them at in all likelihood play Hibs at Easter Road, we’ve shown that we can win there this season. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t fancy our chances.

If morton outplay us and we squeeze through on pens then that could be a good sign 

• Like 1

I assume the TV games will be announced shortly, just wondering what games they will show live, not sure how they distribute the live games and how many, I assume Rangers v Celtic will be on Premier Sports and the rest could be anyone’s guess, I would imagine the Aberdeen v Livingston St MIRREN V Inverness Caledonian will be certainties, our game might be in the running to be shown live, I hope not as I do prefer watching us at 1500 hrs on a Saturday

14 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I’ll say it first.. we won’t have a better chance of reaching yet another final. Apart from the gruesome twosome who meet in the next round, every other side left in the competition are beatable. Hampden here we come! :ph34r:

In with a chance but of course Hibs away is always going to be tough, on paper they are always going to be the favourites.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

In with a chance but of course Hibs away is always going to be tough, on paper they are always going to be the favourites.

The way the game started I thought QOS might spring a shock. Certainly an even game for 1st 20-30 mins. Then Hibs turned the screw and it was one corner after another. Did not help that QOS defended corners like we tend to do or don’t to be more factual !

From there on in Hibs won comfortably. 

In some ways I am glad it is at Easter Rd as it makes Hibs firm favourites. Also given we beat them 2-0 last time out they will sadly not take us as lightly S they did that day. I would say a 30-40% chance. Depends what Motherwell turn up of course !

Need to beat Morton first and they are long overdue a result against us. Hopefully not this time around...

looking back on Saturday, a very professional performance. some nice goals in the second half as well as some pretty decent football. Banana skin avoided.

Though Foley done well when he came on.

Lamie for Campbell was a weird sub, would liked to have seen Cornelius.

Watt and Jock Brown kept referring to Dec as being exceptional which I found bizarre given he had next to nothing to do.

Favourable ties in the next rounds and a good chance to go and have a pop, Hibs  probably suits us more than being away to Livi, Killie, St johnstone etc.

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Not that overdue, they beat us in 2015.

I meant to say at Fir Park where it has been almost 70 years since they have beaten us.  I am taking this from Morton fans on P&B who reacted to this draw as if they had drawn Man City away :-) Also 19 goals for us and 0 against in last 5 to 6 games at Fir Park.