2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Welldaft Mk1

4 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

Thought  Foley done well when he came on.

Watt and Jock Brown kept referring to Dec as being exceptional which I found bizarre given he had next to nothing to do.

Foley passed the ball well and also sitting deep enabled Campbell to move up the park. Would like to see more of him, shame he's not eligible on Sat.

Thought Dec was excellent and very happy to see him back in a Well shirt, playing well. 

SOD is also much better moving forward.  Having a back 3 and pushing him further up the park is worth pursuing. 

15 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Interesting kick off for the old firm game 1600 hrs on the Saturday, so just as well it’s on the Premier Channel, I didn’t think they would be allowed to have the old firm game clashing with the 1500 hrs kick offs , mind you the SFA are involved so their is your answer!!

TBF, most streamed games on a Saturday clash with the 3pm kick-offs. We're operating under different rules this season.

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

Foley passed the ball well and also sitting deep enabled Campbell to move up the park. Would like to see more of him, shame he's not eligible on Sat.

Thought Dec was excellent and very happy to see him back in a Well shirt, playing well. 

SOD is also much better moving forward.  Having a back 3 and pushing him further up the park is worth pursuing. 

Did we not sign Foley properly?

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I mean to say at Fir Park where it has been almost 70 years since they have beaten us.  I am taking this from Morton fans on P&B who reacted to this draw as if they had drawn Man City away :-) Also 19 goals for us and 0 against in last 5 to 6 games at Fir Park. 

Ah I see. Got you.  The Fir Park games do put something of a different slant on things!

6 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I meant to say at Fir Park where it has been almost 70 years since they have beaten us.  I am taking this from Morton fans on P&B who reacted to this draw as if they had drawn Man City away :-) Also 19 goals for us and 0 against in last 5 to 6 games at Fir Park. 

From memory it’s been 3-0, 2-0, 6-0, 4-0, 4-0 in Cup games against Morton at Fir Park from about the mid 90s. History is certainly on our side in this one but that counts for nothing in reality. As long as we are professional and up for it on the day we should progress.

47 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

No surprise there, but think of the party we can have watching it on PPV  from home with a few beers to celebrate us winning it...

Hope there are enough PPV tickets put on sale for 'Well fans. Would hate to miss out.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Hope there are enough PPV tickets put on sale for 'Well fans. Would hate to miss out.

As long as any available go to Well Society members first. After all we own the club! ;)

1 minute ago, Yabba's Turd said:

I was. Sanctimonious St Mirren and Falkirk fans everywhere. Not looked in 10 years

Just a random throwaway comment Ian. However, I'm like you and have stopped looking in for a wee while now. Even the Well thread has degenerated somewhat. A few decent posters though

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

So Hampden is unavailable. Fair enough. But is it beyond the wit of man to play the final somewhere else and plan on having some fans in... say as a kind of test event for the Euros?! Oh wait... this is the people that run Scottish football we’re talking about...

17 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I don't think it's that Hampden is unavailable, it's that the authorities deem it too soon to have fans at events.

Quite right IMO.

apparently Hampden will be in the hands of the euro commitee by the time the final comes round and the ground will be getting prepared for that. If the authorities deem 12k fans in the stadium safe two weeks later you would think 5/6k at the final wouldn't be the worst idea?

4 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

apparently Hampden will be in the hands of the euro commitee by the time the final comes round and the ground will be getting prepared for that. If the authorities deem 12k fans in the stadium safe two weeks later you would think 5/6k at the final wouldn't be the worst idea?

UEFA has all that bunting to put up which will take weeks.

• Like 1