2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Welldaft Mk1

42 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Id need to disagree i thought we played well when we won 2-0. Streets ahead of the dross we seem to get every week now.

I was referring to the form we were in off the back of the Accies and StJ  shitfests we went there and nobody expected us to get anything other than a defeat. But we turned up with the right attitude and application and got a result, we need the same again.

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I was referring to the form we were in off the back of the Accies and StJ  shitfests we went there and nobody expected us to get anything other than a defeat. But we turned up with the right attitude and application and got a result, we need the same again.

fair enough, but thats why I said it wasnt impossible but still unlikely

5 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Hibs cruising past Stranraer currently 4-0, looks like a tough ask to get past them in the QF's but we have gone to Easter Rd and beaten them recently so it is not impossible.

until  watt and roberts return , if they do, I dont expect us to win another game...hopefully wrong....friday was the worst display in many a year....maybe we got to pin our Hopes  on polworth and hastie cos otherwise we look unlikely to create

In my view, in the games against Hibs - like other top 6 teams - we have played better because they come out against us and leave gaps that we can get into but I fear that they will have learnt by their previous mistakes and with us missing key players,  this will be a different game.  Fear the worst :(

10 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

We were just as bad when we went there and won 2-0 , so it depends on what Motherwell team turns up on the day, if its the committed, in the hib s faces right from the off team, we are more than capable of winning, Hibs are an average side having a decent season nothing more.

Agree with you here. We've put in some utterly horrific performances (the Accies & St Johnstone back to back games had me, a glass half full kinda guy, convinced we were going to be relegated), and popped up with the odd pretty good performance along the way.

Let's hope it's the latter and we can give ourselves something to play for over the next couple of months. The fight for 7th place doesn't sound all that exciting.

26 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

Game against Hibs will be on Premier Sports (5pm KO).

I take it Hibs won't be able to broadcast it and you'll need a Premier Sports subscription to watch it?

Ah, bollox. Closed doors and 2 quarter finals you can't access without subscribing to a TV channel we're never bloody on. What's the point?

7 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Ah, bollox. Closed doors and 2 quarter finals you can't access without subscribing to a TV channel we're never bloody on. What's the point?

I know what you are saying, we've definitely drawn the short straw in comparison to those who'll land on the BBC and don't need to pay but I think it's £12.99 for a month (which you can subsequently cancel) which is the equivalent, give or take £1, to what we paid for Formartine or what Morton fans paid to watch our stream.

Depends on what other interests you might have as to how much "value" you get for your £12.99 if anyone does subscribe.  I watch a lot of the Serie A stuff on it and the La Liga run  will be part of your package. You get the occasional Dutch and Polish stuff too across their channels and if you've an interest in rugby it'll have a couple of Glasgow Warriors/Edinburgh games on it across the month too. Personally I probably have Premier on more than BT and Sky these days.

But aye in comparison to those who'll simply flick on the BBC to watch their team we've not landed as lucky as we might have.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I know what you are saying, we've definitely drawn the short straw in comparison to those who'll land on the BBC and don't need to pay but I think it's £12.99 for a month (which you can subsequently cancel) which is the equivalent, give or take £1, to what we paid for Formartine or what Morton fans paid to watch our stream.

Depends on what other interests you might have as to how much "value" you get for your £12.99 if anyone does subscribe.  I watch a lot of the Serie A stuff on it and the La Liga run  will be part of your package. You get the occasional Dutch and Polish stuff too across their channels and if you've an interest in rugby it'll have a couple of Glasgow Warriors/Edinburgh games on it across the month too. Personally I probably have Premier on more than BT and Sky these days.

But aye in comparison to those who'll simply flick on the BBC to watch their team we've not landed as lucky as we might have.

If it's £12.99 and you can cancel after one month, fair enough. Saw folk complaining yesterday it was 6 month minimum contract, but I see that's a £10.99 deal. Cheers Andy.

From twitter - there were mixed messages in the replies to say if it worked so may or may not still work come the weekend

Pie and Bovril 

If you do want to sign up for Premier Sports then promo code LALIGA699 will get you the monthly package for just £6.99.
You can cancel at any time.

• Like 1

If anybody in the US wants to pay to watch, I see our game is now listed on ESPN+ on Saturday.

It's $5.99/month - cancel whenever you like. The Scottish games just re-stream whatever is being shown in Scotland, commentators and all.

I signed up for the service when it was $4.99/month a couple of years ago. They currently cover English lower leagues, Scottish Premiership and whatever Scottish Championship games BBC Scotland shows live - as well as all the Euro qualifiers. Not to mention all the English FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Betfred Cup, German, Dutch, Italian, Australian and Mexican games too.

(Plus tons of American sport too, obviously).

On 4/20/2021 at 4:11 PM, weeyin said:

If anybody in the US wants to pay to watch, I see our game is now listed on ESPN+ on Saturday.

It's $5.99/month - cancel whenever you like. The Scottish games just re-stream whatever is being shown in Scotland, commentators and all.

I signed up for the service when it was $4.99/month a couple of years ago. They currently cover English lower leagues, Scottish Premiership and whatever Scottish Championship games BBC Scotland shows live - as well as all the Euro qualifiers. Not to mention all the English FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Betfred Cup, German, Dutch, Italian, Australian and Mexican games too.

(Plus tons of American sport too, obviously).

Great! We already have that, so I’m good to go. Thanks for letting us know. I probably wouldn’t have checked to see 

28 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Great! We already have that, so I’m good to go. Thanks for letting us know. I probably wouldn’t have checked to see 

Aye, they seem to have stepped up their coverage in recent months. Initially it was only OF games that were ever on from Scotland, but it's much broader now.