2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Welldaft Mk1

Gutted,atleast we showed a bit of character to get back into the game,something that's been lacking all season.its just another game that shows some aren't up to the job,I'm not mugabis biggest fan but why is magloire playing in front of him when we know mugabi will be here next season,lawless is rotten,it's about time we sent a player livingston's way,get him out the door in the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, wellsince75 said:

seasons over

time to play some of the young guns and see if they're ready.

It's a tough decision.  In most other seasons I would normally agree, but at the moment, with finances tight because of covid, I think we need to play the strongest team to finish as high in the league as possible, to maximise prize money,

Just now, milo said:

Why is Carroll not playing? He’s been in the bench past few games.

I was wondering the same,it looked like he had just been rested for the formatine game but he's not played since,weird.

3 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

seasons over

time to play some of the young guns and see if they're ready.

It's not over we have 7th place to play for, extra prize money, gutted we lost today as we have been rock solid in penalty shootouts recently, so a big chance missed, as has been said before apart from the uglies there is very little between the other teams.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

It's not over we have 7th place to play for, extra prize money, gutted we lost today as we have been rock solid in penalty shootouts recently, so a big chance missed, as has been said before apart from the uglies there is very little between the other teams.

that's the thing with pens, at some point your luck runs out ....unless you're German

9 minutes ago, GraniteCityMFC said:

It's a tough decision.  In most other seasons I would normally agree, but at the moment, with finances tight because of covid, I think we need to play the strongest team to finish as high in the league as possible, to maximise prize money,

The extra money would certainly be a bonus and it’s possible, everyone is beatable. Good to see us fight back but as before we are nowhere near good enough to win it. I just can’t wait for this season to be over, before it started many of us were confident but it’s ending up being a total damp squid. 

9 minutes ago, mfc said:

I was wondering the same,it looked like he had just been rested for the formatine game but he's not played since,weird.

Carrol had a couple of poor games and was dropped. 

Im relatively sure he signed a contract extension just before getting dropped.  I think he's marginally better defender than McGinley .

Gutted, but as others have said, at least we battled back into it and looked the more likely to win it in ET.

Cracking header from Watt and he made a big difference when he came on, just a pity he wasn’t fit enough to start. Presume Watt would have been on the last pen. 

5 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Im relatively sure he signed a contract extension just before getting dropped.  I think he's marginally better defender than McGinley .

All about opinions i suppose. I thought McGinley was stronger defensively than Carroll and miles better going forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

McGinlay was never as bad as some made out. Don't think there's a lot between him and Carroll. Carroll's delivery is slightly better. Can see us keeping both of them as long as they aren't among the higher earners...

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Lawless shows you what happens when you sign duds.

There’s a reason why we released him many years ago. Re-signing him now was akin to Alex Burns re-signing after a good season at Partick Thistle, ie. totally pointless. And Burns probably contributed more during his two spells.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJC_mkII said:

There’s a reason why we released him many years ago. Re-signing him now was akin to Alex Burns re-signing after a good season at Partick Thistle, ie. totally pointless. And Burns probably contributed more during his two spells.

Given the state we were in, I hoped he'd bring something. He's a trier, but looks like that's it. Never seen anyone with such a low centre of gravity fall on their arse so often.

Once again Scottish refs shown up to be totally f*****g useless. Supposedly one of our top refs and doesn't know there have to be 2 players behind the ball for a forward to be onside.

Then when McGinly fouls Hallberg he watched him having a kick in the back while McGinley is lying on the deck. OK there isn't too much in it but the intent is there.I

Gallagher belt in the mouth took at least 4 minutes and Hibs player off for blood removal but Beaton blows for time.

Edited by real dosser

10 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Given the state we were in, I hoped he'd bring something. He's a trier, but looks like that's it. Never seen anyone with such a low centre of gravity fall on their arse so often.

When he came on as a sub against The h**s he pinged a couple of really excellent passes out of defence and everyone was desperate to see more of him. Looks like that's the only thing he's ever going to do for us.

6 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Time to question the manager on bloody awful negative tactics. Positive play only came when his hand was forced. Our defeat today lies squarely at his door. 

You will surely have heard the phrase,  you can only pee with the cock you've got.  I think the time to judge Alexander is when he has his own players in and not the dross that Robinson and Foyle have left him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Time to question the manager on bloody awful negative tactics. Positive play only came when his hand was forced. Our defeat today lies squarely at his door. 

Hibs are the third best team in the country by a distance. We took them to penalties and created enough chances late on to win it. Alexander’s tactics may not be pleasing on the eye but we came close to producing a very special win there. If we had a fully fit Watt and Roberts at our disposal, I imagine our approach would have been somewhat different. 

If any blame is to be apportioned for tonight, it lies squarely with Lawless.

8 minutes ago, well_said said:

You will surely have heard the phrase,  you can only pee with the cock you've got.  I think the time to judge Alexander is when he has his own players in and not the dross that Robinson and Foyle have left him.

So the fact we could play as we did in the last 20 mins in extra time was a fluke?