2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Welldaft Mk1

31 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

It does not matter that much this season as there are no fans in the grounds ,but moving the whole weekend fixture list around to accommodate a televised funeral that probably 75% of the country won't watch or give a shit about is fekin nonsense.

But given its the SFA organising it it does not surprise me. Given the pandemic and the ongoing problems facing the country there are far more important issues to sort out, the whole response to this has been way over the top.

Agreed and while I'm no lover of the Monarchy  the way I look at it is that the whole of the UK's sporting community is showing a bit of respect for the old guy by reorganising events

I don't really want to be the only part that doesn't as the fallout in the national media would not show us in a good light.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, santheman said:

Agreed and while I'm no lover of the Monarchy  the way I look at it is that the whole of the UK's sporting community is showing a bit of respect for the old guy by reorganising events

I don't really want to be the only part that doesn't as the fallout in the national media would not show us in a good light.

Tend to agree. I'm no fan either, but like it or Scotland is still part of a monarchy, and there's always going to be a bit of a fuss when a senior royal dies. And it's not like it happens every other week (although I'd guess we won't have as long to wait until the next one).

• Like 1

The cynic in me thinks if there had been a 3pm race at Ascot this weekend, there would not have been a service at 3pm.

The Motherwell fan in me thinks this is a terrible kick-off time because I have my 2nd Covid appointment scheduled for the start of the second half

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The cynic in me thinks if there had been a 3pm race at Ascot this weekend, there would not have been a service at 3pm.

The Motherwell fan in me thinks this is a terrible kick-off time because I have my 2nd Covid appointment scheduled for the start of the second half

Get them to do a home visit

1 hour ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I don’t think we can have a go at the SFA in this instance. While there may not be a written protocol, there will be an understanding of what is the ‘done thing’ in such circumstances. English football, rugby, cricket and horse racing have altered their fixtures while the decision on the snooker world champs is pending. Had the SFA not done likewise, they’d be open to staunch criticism.

With no crowds, the inconvenience is minimal so we might as well take this on the chin and give royalists one less thing to greet about. 

Very much this.  The SFA will remember when Diana died and the heat that came their way when they didn't fall into line quick enough to move Scotland v Belarus to the Sunday. 

Whilst we live  in a Union under a Monarch (if that's the correct turn of phrase) then I don't think it unreasonable to broadly follow the protocols that are in place when a senior member of the Royal family pass away. And if that means sporting events require to move a few hours or the day or before or after then so be it.

That said if you no longer wish to be part of that Union and perhaps even desire a loosening of the attachment to the Monarchy thereafter there's a process on 6th May that some argue that will be the starting point for such a future.

EDIT: Largely what numpty said more concisely about four posts ahead of me!

EDIT EDIT: And GazzyB thereafter!!

• Like 1

Just conveying the SNP current policy however there is a significant republican element within the party. Of course they could choose to reinstate the Scottish Jacobean monarchy that was deposed in the "Glorious Revolution" and that would be King Joseph (currently Prince of Liechtenstein).

Of course we could go for a homegrown head of state, however in this day and age we may end up with President John Smeaton.

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'll have time to see us wrap it up in the first half hour anyway, so I'll be back on the sofa in time to enjoy the last 15mins of showboating.

Surely you will be still laying on the floor in a faint after having a big prick ?

Anyway. 

Morton tonight, would love to be going to fir park tonight, nice night for the stoat up, couple of beers en route and then a scottish cup game. 

Alas.

Any word on Watt or any of the other injured players?  

Do we go with the three up front or four in midfield? 

Same back 5 as against St Mirren but after that its going to be interesting who plays.