Jump to content

Welldaft Mk1

2021 Scottish Cup Campaign

Recommended Posts

Wondering if the guys at the back of the goals are Well Bois seeing as w'ere  over applauding them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until the first goal it was looking difficult. Once that went in, the game changed and the second half certainly opened up. An important result that keeps the hope alive for a positive end to the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got off to a slow low key start but after 30 minutes or so we began to come good. Overall, a professional performance and thats all we can ask at this stage. No failures in what was a decent all round performance. In truth it could have been 8 or 9. Credit to Formartine United for plugging away and keeping it  clean. The bottom line is that we progress, and hopefully our confidence has been boosted going into post split games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well played Motherwell. Job done and done so emphatically in the end. That’s all you can ask for in ties like these.

Fingers crossed for a kind draw tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Didnt realise so many well fans lived in formantine!!

I do! Could've taken my wee boy to his first Motherwell game. 

I just assumed no fans were allowed with the current restrictions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stu said:

 

I just assumed no fans were allowed with the current restrictions. 

You assumed correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stu said:

I do! Could've taken my wee boy to his first Motherwell game. 

I just assumed no fans were allowed with the current restrictions. 

They aren't,  viewing point outside the ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elsewhere in the Cup, Brian Rice has just lost it on Clyde 1 over a penalty decision. Shouting, swearing the lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Elsewhere in the Cup, Brian Rice has just lost it on Clyde 1 over a penalty decision. Shouting, swearing the lot.

St Mirren penalty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

St Mirren penalty?

I think so aye, I just switched it on about half way through it and heard him shouting about a penalty decision and comparing it to an incident in the Dumbarton v Aberdeen game.

Its up on ClydeSSB’s Twitter page now.

edit: no it was a penalty that Accies didn’t get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

St Mirren penalty?

 

5 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

I think so aye, I just switched it on about half way through it and heard him shouting about a penalty decision and comparing it to an incident in the Dumbarton v Aberdeen game.

Its up on ClydeSSB’s Twitter page now.

What the actual fuck is he ranting about? Keeps saying it's the same referee as the Dumbarton game today. Naw, it wisnae, funnily enough. Is he drunk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Naw but I’ve got some home made square slice and rolls 

and i bet u scoffed them all yourself :danced:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, smiddy said:

and i bet u scoffed them all yourself :danced:

A couple of rolls survived so far but not for long. Logan and his grandma will soon make them disappear with butter and jam on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

A couple of rolls survived so far but not for long. Logan and his grandma will soon make them disappear with butter and jam on them. 

well av just scoffed a bombay cottage curry n chicken chatt                  so you know what you can do with yir rolls :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smiddy said:

well av just scoffed a bombay cottage curry n chicken chatt                  so you know what you can do with yir rolls :)

One word.......Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smiddy said:

well av just scoffed a bombay cottage curry n chicken chatt                  so you know what you can do with yir rolls :)

Indian food is mentioned in my house every day as Mrs Grizzly says she is fed up with my Chatt!!....ba boom 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Indian food is mentioned in my house every day as Mrs Grizzly says she is fed up with my Chatt!!....ba boom 

Nae wonder :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Naw but I’ve got some home made square slice and rolls 

Thanks for the idea Tex nipped down to my local Scottish cafe and got a full Scottish breakfast......it was braw

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Thanks for the idea Tex nipped down to my local Scottish cafe and got a full Scottish breakfast......it was braw

Watched a Scottish chef in Australia making rolls a few months ago on Instagram, Jock Zonfrillo.  I’d been making them for a while but got better after watching him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Apart from scoring 5 goals - the chat from Watt has been quality. Very enjoyable. 

Tony was very enjoyable to listen to , but I must have missed the reason he was doing the co commentary was he injured or just not picked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×