Season 2020’21: Game 22: Rangers (H)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, Onthefringes said:

As much as many won’t like it, time to see life after Campbell. Maybe sooner rather than later.

Obviously interest in him this transfer window. You never know how much is paper talk and how much is reality. 

I agree with most of the comments on here regarding the squad. Was surprised to see Seedorf start and McIver and Lamie come on. Alexander is true to his word in involving most of the squad. I am sure he is quickly building a picture of who is worth keeping.

A great point but probably a boost for us that Roofe was not playing. The two goals he scored at Ibrox were clinical finishes and had he been in position for Aribo and even Defoe efforts....

Thought the defence was excellent. Mugabe fantastic and having Carroll back is a boost. On,y his 2nd game in almost a year and you can see he is improving even from last week. I also thought SOD had one of his best games for us. Lawless was good for the short time he was on the pitch. 

Hopefully we can go to Pittodrie and get a result. They took a sore one this weekend and will be motivated. But they also are missing some key players to injury. Same defence and attack for me but with addition of O Hara and or Lawless for Seedorf and Crawford and that would be my team. 

19 hours ago, Richie said:

Yep, O'Donnell is standing about 15yds off Barasic allowing him to cross.

Did notice that during the game,but on hearing GA afterwards saying "we let them play where we wanted them too play"it made me think he's confident that bevis,dec n kelly could cope with cross balls all day long if they didnt get pulled out of position(which we've been guilty of all season)neither of them did..u could almost say it was a tactical masterclass defensively 

I’ve always said there was plenty of quality in the squad, if we’d had a decent summer transfer window we would be top six again, confidence has dropped and that’s cost us points. We’ve just taken a point off a team far and away the best in the league with 15 straight wins and that’s without Carson, Dunn, Donnelly, OHara, Grimshaw, Long, Hastie, who would all be challenging for a place in the team. Carroll back has already started to make a difference and Donnelly would be the same. A lot of the games we’ve played have been fine margins, how many times have we been thrashed outside of the old firm games this season, not often. We’ve  generally had more possession in games along with attempts on goal but can’t put the ball in the net.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

I’ve always said there was plenty of quality in the squad, if we’d had a decent summer transfer window we would be top six again, confidence has dropped and that’s cost us points. We’ve just taken a point off a team far and away the best in the league with 15 straight wins and that’s without Carson, Dunn, Donnelly, OHara, Grimshaw, Long, Hastie, who would all be challenging for a place in the team. Carroll back has already started to make a difference and Donnelly would be the same. A lot of the games we’ve played have been fine margins, how many times have we been thrashed outside of the old firm games this season, not often. We’ve  generally had more possession in games along with attempts on goal but can’t put the ball in the net.

We ain’t going to see Dunn in a Motherwell jersey ……… Sorry to say but like Tanner think he’s finished at this level

3 hours ago, spudmfc said:

Did notice that during the game,but on hearing GA afterwards saying "we let them play where we wanted them too play"it made me think he's confident that bevis,dec n kelly could cope with cross balls all day long if they didnt get pulled out of position(which we've been guilty of all season)neither of them did..u could almost say it was a tactical masterclass defensively 

It was quite obvious I felt that we were happy to let them cross. One of Rangers’ key strengths this season has been their wide men and getting their full backs forward, nobody has dealt with that this season so I thought letting them cross and crowding out the box was actually quite clever. The goal came from possibly their deepest cross of the match, which we hadn’t packed the box for, which I thought was quite telling of how well our strategy had worked. 

All in all I was quite pleased with the performance. We sat deeper and deeper as the game went on, which you’d expect given the lack of confidence and our record against Rangers of late, but in the first half I thought we played pretty well and moved the ball about with rushing or panicking. Certainly steps in the right direction. 

• Like 1