Season 2020’21: Game 22: Rangers (H)

Andy_P

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I don't think sitting deep is a management tactic. I think it's just the players getting nervy. A little more confidence and we should see less of that.

GA mentioned this last week after the St Mirren game. He said that in such situations you look to your experienced players to drive the team out. He'll b epleased with the point , of course, but won't be pleased with aspects of the performance. We did show a bit more grit, determination and organisation today but there is still plenty for him to work on.

Having just seen the Rangers goal back it’s tight. The camera angle is slightly deceiving  being behind the line and makes it look like the Rangers player may be slightly offside but move that camera in line and it would look tighter.

Considering what he is working with that was epic!Could be sitting on 6 points right now after that Madden penalty last week and a dodgy looking offside goal today but what we are seeing is a bit fight,more effort and someone that tactically looks decent!.

My only wish is he came in soonier think we be out this mess but onwards and upwards COYW.

• Like 1

Great battling performance. My bum cheeks are aching with all that squeaking. Once the equaliser went in, I fully expected another couple to go in. I imagine I am one of many today, pleasantly surprised by the performance of Mugabe. He and Gallagher cleared loads of corners and crosses. 

I also noticed Lawless made a few good passes when he came on. It was nice to be able to have a quality, impact sub for a change.

10 minutes ago, real dosser said:

I think our game management has improved since Alexander came in. We take our time over throw-ins and the keeper falls on the ball at every save. Might not seem like much at the time but when defending a lead can make a big difference.

Kelly's trot at goal kicks infuriates me, and I want him to waste time.

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Having just seen the Rangers goal back it’s tight. The camera angle is slightly deceiving and makes it look like the Rangers player may be slightly offside but move that camera inline and it would look tighter.

it was 100% offside. The offside line is Gallaghers armpit, and look at Itten's straight leg. His foot, or part of it, is offside, not by much but offside!

Hopefully the last time wee see McIvor, 8 touches and lost the ball everytime! Even a shattered Watt is 4 times the player that guy is. 

Thought the Lamie sub was interesting, pushing Carroll up and going to 4-4-2. Devante Cole was MOTM, Mugabi, Watt & Gallagher were immense too. Was impressed wi Lawless' cameo

Wasn't too surprised to see guys like Seedorf and McIver get some time today. While we may all have our own opinions about the squad the new gaffer will want to see as many in action as he can while he assesses his options and figure out who fits with his specific approach to the game. I imagine we'll see a few different faces in January until he settles on his best starting 11.

9 minutes ago, Shaka said:

it was 100% offside. The offside line is Gallaghers armpit, and look at Itten's straight leg. His foot, or part of it, is offside, not by much but offside!

If you’ve seen the same angle I have on tv the camera is behind the line not in line and that’s deceiving. Regardless it’s a very tight decision.

11 minutes ago, weeyin said:

On a completely different note, I've been watching a lot of games the last couple of weeks and the Fir Park surface is still holding up well compared to other Scottish and EPL/Championship pitches.

Agreed …… watche the Hibs Killie game yesterday what a mess Easter Rd is in. Reminds me of the old Fir Park beach 

30 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Nope. Gallagher was immense, Mugabi was very good tho.

24 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Hopefully the last time wee see McIvor, 8 touches and lost the ball everytime! Even a shattered Watt is 4 times the player that guy is. 

Thought the Lamie sub was interesting, pushing Carroll up and going to 4-4-2. Devante Cole was MOTM, Mugabi, Watt & Gallagher were immense too. Was impressed wi Lawless' cameo

Took you 6  minutes to change your mind!:whistle:

• Haha 2

double training sessions again this week, for the gaffer to push them on again, cole ,watt n carroll put a shift in along with most of them getting a 7/10  keeper makes some differance you could hear him on the tv barking instructions and as kris ( baw bag ) boyd says it makes a big differance to your defence if your keeper is an extra set of eyes for you

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

If you’ve seen the same angle I have on tv the camera is behind the line not in line and that’s deceiving. Regardless it’s a very tight decision.

Its very tight and not one you can expect the linesman to get every time. I think var would rule it out though - you see decisions on var that look a mile on but they find something, like a stud, offside.

Just frustrating for a contentious one to go against us again after the penalty decision last week. When your down there these things really do hurt more.

The midfield didn't get to do much but Kent, Oribo and Kamara were conspicuous by their absence which was down to the work put in by Campbell and Crawford. Polworth didn't have his best game but still provided the pass to Watt to set up the goal. We got a point nobody was expecting us to get against best team in the country just now so let's just enjoy the moment and bring on the Dons

COYW

I think it was offside but it's very difficult to tell. Tavernier was definitely offside for the one he headed across but that ginger linesman always seems to favour Rangers. They were putting extra men into the box and pulling Morelos wide to try and disrupt our marking at crosses and the presence of Balogun definitely confused Carroll. 

The problem area of the team at the moment is centre midfield especially in the second half of games. Allan Campbell has been so poor recently and Crawford is limited. Polworth has been better the past two games but still needs to improve more. Cole and Watt are looking sharp and hopefully they can get some service from Lawless in the coming fixtures. 

• Like 2